still no refund

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akmays
New Poster

still no refund

Hughesnet promised me my $300 refund would be in my account Jan 3rd that they took out of my account in early december for cancelling a "fake" account I did not create. The tech did some shady things I'm not gonna get into but they said sorry for the mix up I promised it will be back in your account on that day. Jan5th still no refund. Call again "No you were told wrong, jan 12th it will be there". Jan 16th still no refund. Call again " no you were told wrong Jan 25th". It's jan 25th and shocker no refund. This is absolutely UPSURD! I had to miss a student loan payment because of what they did. I have filed a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau as well. Would someone PLEASE refund me my money and quit lying to me before I  have to take this even further.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Since you have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, you will now have to wait for an official reply from the company. They have to follow specific rules, and you will not likely get any kind of action on this site now, as they have to respond through other channels. 

The company has 30 days to officially reply to you, and it may take that long to get a resolution.  If you had posted here instead, you could have gotten this resolved much faster.  

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

akmays wrote:

Hughesnet promised me my $300 refund would be in my account Jan 3rd that they took out of my account in early december for cancelling a "fake" account I did not create. The tech did some shady things I'm not gonna get into but they said sorry for the mix up I promised it will be back in your account on that day. Jan5th still no refund. Call again "No you were told wrong, jan 12th it will be there". Jan 16th still no refund. Call again " no you were told wrong Jan 25th". It's jan 25th and shocker no refund. This is absolutely UPSURD! I had to miss a student loan payment because of what they did. I have filed a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau as well. Would someone PLEASE refund me my money and quit lying to me before I  have to take this even further.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
GabeU

nt

maratsade

Since you have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, you will now have to wait for an official reply from the company. They have to follow specific rules, and you will not likely get any kind of action on this site now, as they have to respond through other channels. 

The company has 30 days to officially reply to you, and it may take that long to get a resolution.  If you had posted here instead, you could have gotten this resolved much faster.  

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

akmays wrote:

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

This is such a unique situation I would think it might be in the best interest of both parties for a mod to intervene regardless of the complaint being filed. Just my opinion.

maratsade

May not be able to.

@BirdDog wrote:

This is such a unique situation I would think it might be in the best interest of both parties for a mod to intervene regardless of the complaint being filed. Just my opinion.

Jay

akmays,

As GabU and maratsade have said, once we receive the formal complaint, we will respond to it by the given deadline.

-Jay