cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime Day is coming!

Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Amazon Prime Day is coming!

Counting down the minutes.  Smiley Happy 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Professor

Got your eye on some good stuff?

@GabeU wrote:

Counting down the minutes.  Smiley Happy 

Professor

Amazon.com has been down since Prime Day started.... [eye roll]

Well, I sort of did, but I'm at a bit of a loss as to how it works, and I can't find any definitive info.  

What I mean is, are the "sales" dynamic, or does anything and everything that's going to go on sale do so all at once?  And, are those items on sale for the full 36 hours?  Or, is it the type of sale that you'll have something pop up on the app that says "all such and such is 40% off for the next three hours!"?  

If it's dynamic, forget it.  I'm not wasting my time.  Nor am I going to sit there, on the wait, with my phone glued to me.  Heck, I've never shopped on Black Friday, either.  If not dynamic, I'd look through what they have on sale at my leisure.  

But, as it stands, I only wanted to get a couple of things, anyway, and only one of the items might have been included in the sale (Sandisk micro sd cards).  I decided to not take the chance of them running out of stock, and I wanted to beat the rush, so I placed my order shortly after midnight on Monday.  And, as it turns out, the cards were reduced in price, anyway, so I got lucky.  Smiley Happy   Due to Prime's two day shipping it shows that I should receive my order on Wednesday.  It's now Tuesday morning and my order still hasn't shipped.  Unless they're going to ship it overnight I'm not going to receive it tomorrow.  Smiley Sad  If that happens I'm really going to question the value of Prime, as the two day shipping is the ONLY reason I decided to get it.     

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Professor

From what I've seen, it's dynamic.  Things go on sale and remain so for a few hours, and customers have to place a claim on them.  Once an item is 100% claimed, you can't get it at the discount.  

I personally don't join in the festivities. Smiley Happy   Edit:  I actually have spent some minutes watching the animations at the top of the page. Those are cool. 

As for Prime, did the item you buy say it was 2-day shipping? Occasionally, some Prime items are listed are taking longer to ship.   If it was a 2-day and it didn't arrive in the two days, I'd contact customer service. 

@maratsade wrote: 

As for Prime, did the item you buy say it was 2-day shipping? Occasionally, some Prime items are listed are taking longer to ship.   If it was a 2-day and it didn't arrive in the two days, I'd contact customer service. 

Yep.  All three of the items I ordered said 2 day shipping, and each item showed, before ordering, that I could expect it to arrive on Wednesday, July 18th if I ordered within the next 12 hours and some odd minutes, which I did.  And in the confirmation email it shows Wednesday as the arrival date.  

Again, it could still get here by the end of tomorrow, but they'd have to next day or overnight the order.  

It was actually around 12:15AM Monday morning, though the order shows Sunday.

From the site...

Capture.JPG

From the confirmation email...

Capture1.JPG

Edit:  All three items are still showing as in stock.  

Professor

I'd contact Customer Service if it doesn't arrive.  But it still might!  Maybe they will teleport it. Smiley Happy

I've used Prime a few years and overall it's worked very well for me, and my interactions with Amazon customer service reps have been very positive. 

Assistant Professor

I ordered some things on 01 Jul with free shipping. All were in stock. The estimated delivery was 09 - 12 Jul.

It didn't even register as shipped until the 11th and was received with regular mail on the 12th.

Pretty poor by their standards.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Professor

Free shipping (non-Prime) is usually 8 days.

@MarkJFine wrote:

I ordered some things on 01 Jul with free shipping. All were in stock. The estimated delivery was 09 - 12 Jul.

It didn't even register as shipped until the 11th and was received with regular mail on the 12th.

Pretty poor by their standards.

Assistant Professor

That's about right for me. This time it was closer to two weeks than one.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.