cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banana Cream Pie Day!

Liz

Banana Cream Pie Day!

bananacream.jpg

Today is the day to appreciate that blissful combination of custard, cream, and banana. Oh YES. I rarely see this at the supermarket, so I keep forgetting it exists... Maybe this is actually my favorite pie ever??? It's up against chocolate pecan pie at this point... hmm. I think I love custard more than chocolate, so I'm crowning banana cream pie as my favorite. Smiley Very Happy

Now... where can I buy it? Have you seen it out in the wild at your local grocery stores? Or do you have a sweet little neighborhood bakery that makes a great banana cream pie or has a cool spin on it? Please share!

Here are a few interesting recipes on this beloved pie: https://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/article/4-reasons-you-should-celebrate-national-banana-cream-pie-...

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

17 REPLIES 17
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Banana Cream Pie Day!

You know, now that you mention it, I never see banana cream pie in stores. That's criminal. 

This is one of the best pies ever.  I also like pecan pie and mince pie. 

Liz

I don't really bake so I wonder if banana cream pies are trickier to make than the usual apple and pumpkin pies I always see in the grocery store bakeries. Just custard, whipped cream, and bananas in a crust.

Speaking of crust I was just made aware of THIS:

Perfect for banana cream pies!

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

maratsade

Wife says it's because banana turns brown very quickly.

Awesome crust! 

@Liz wrote:

I don't really bake so I wonder if banana cream pies are trickier to make than the usual apple and pumpkin pies I always see in the grocery store bakeries. Just custard, whipped cream, and bananas in a crust.

Speaking of crust I was just made aware of THIS:

Perfect for banana cream pies!

-Liz

Liz

OHhhhhhhhhh that makes sense. How about they leave out the banana and bundle it with the pie; cut the banana and top it yourself. XD

-Liz

maratsade

I'd be fine with that. 

@Liz wrote:

OHhhhhhhhhh that makes sense. How about they leave out the banana and bundle it with the pie; cut the banana and top it yourself. XD

-Liz

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

@Liz wrote:

Another suggestion, maybe they could just freeze it. Then maybe the bananas won't turn brown. 

maratsade

I'll have to consult She Who Must Be Obeyed about this.  I just eats'em, I'm not sure how they work. 

@Reggie wrote:

Another suggestion, maybe they could just freeze it. Then maybe the bananas won't turn brown. 

Liz

Oh that's another good idea!

-Liz

GabeU

I LOVE banana cream pie.  Now I'm hungry.  Smiley Tongue 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro