cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COVID-19 and HughesNet...

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

Re: COVID-19 and HughesNet...

I totally see your point, but I'd argue that you have nothing to lose. At best, you'd get some kind of benefit, perhaps a fix, perhaps refunds or discounts or something else. At worst, you'd be where you are now.  All you need to do, if the call is less than 6 months all, is request a sales call review. 

Highlighted
Freshman

If it appears I am being or getting upset it is because I was just pointing out to a post that stated people were wanting HN to dump the cap and their service would come to a crawl. I was just stating mine has always been that way from day 1. Then EVERYONE starts telling me to open a new thread and open a ticket. I wasn't asking for anything, I was just commenting. If I am being reactive it is because my first comment was being read into with something I never asked for. I am only stating our experience.
Highlighted
Freshman

And yes, I was told when ordering the service we would not have any problem streaming and even after the data was gone we would be able to stream @ SD quality which was fine with me. Not the case though and now it appears from what you are saying that there is no guarantee that we can stream at all.
Highlighted
Freshman

What do they do in a sales call review?
Highlighted

If the sales call is still available, they pull it and listen to it, sometimes they make a transcript, and then they contact you privately on this site about the results.  They can provide you with exact quotes of what was said.  It doesn't cost you any money at all, and it may end in good news. 

Bgleason62 wrote:
What do they do in a sales call review?

Highlighted

They were telling you to open a ticket because this site is tech and account support, not a comment site. This site has real HN reps at a high level within the company that can help solve issues, and in the past, they've been both very supportive and very  successful.   To me it's worth a try. I've worked with them when I've had issues and they've been very helpful.

Bgleason62 wrote:
If it appears I am being or getting upset it is because I was just pointing out to a post that stated people were wanting HN to dump the cap and their service would come to a crawl. I was just stating mine has always been that way from day 1. Then EVERYONE starts telling me to open a new thread and open a ticket. I wasn't asking for anything, I was just commenting. If I am being reactive it is because my first comment was being read into with something I never asked for. I am only stating our experience.

Highlighted
Freshman

What do I need to do to start that?
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@Bgleason62 wrote:
What do I need to do to start that?

Start a new topic here.  In that topic say that you would like a rep to perform a sales call review, and make sure to explain why you're asking for the review, as in what you were told during the sales call that is different from actual experience.  They need to know what it is that they're looking for.  

For reference, sales calls are usually only available for review for about three months, so if it's been longer than that since the call it may no longer be available.

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
Freshman

We should be in that time frame. Thanks for the info and the help.
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@Bgleason62 wrote:
We should be in that time frame. Thanks for the info and the help.

You're very welcome.  Smiley Happy 

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit