cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COVID-19 and HughesNet...

Highlighted
Associate Professor

Re: COVID-19 and HughesNet...

Might be a good idea not to recommend people turn their data saver off for the foreseeable future.

In fact, it might be a good idea to do the opposite.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor I

Yes. Elsewhere, @GabeU recommended that HN block turning off, or pausing, the VDS. 

@MarkJFine wrote:

Might be a good idea not to recommend people turn their data saver off for the foreseeable future.

In fact, it might be a good idea to do the opposite.

Highlighted
Freshman

It is a very Sad thing that is Happening right now!!

Kids are out of School and having to study online!

then all the people that have to be home with them and they to well some can work from home

others to will have to work from home!

But mostly the Sadness that this virus has brung and will bring going forward!!

I Pray To GOD that HE Will HELP To Bring A Cure for this virus then just maybe we can come together as

A PEOPLE of OUR PLANET!!!!

An email from Hughes.net today

in it hughes said they will work on keeping everyone up and running!! It is nice to know that something like this virus it is not all about the MONEY

If You do not beleave in GOD may you ask to whom you do may you ask for help to find a cure!!

if You do bleave in GOD May you pray for his help in finding a cure!!

Be Safe Be Kind Be Understanding

Highlighted
Spectator

Even when I'm supposed have the high speed I only get 2-3 mbps. This was before covid-19. I've had all of my high speed data completely disappear when my family wasn't even home and nobody even using the service. They only care about the money and take advantage of because they know they're the only provider in these rural areas.
Highlighted

Would you like to have help with your speed issues? Open a ticket under Tech Support  and explain what's going on, providing as much detail as you can.  Be prepared to run some tests on your network so people here can help you figure out what's going on.  

Remember they're the only provider in rural areas because companies like Comcast don't care about your business or you.   

Omary wrote:
Even when I'm supposed have the high speed I only get 2-3 mbps. This was before covid-19. I've had all of my high speed data completely disappear when my family wasn't even home and nobody even using the service. They only care about the money and take advantage of because they know they're the only provider in these rural areas.

Distinguished Professor IV

"They only care about the money and take advantage of because they know they're the only provider in these rural areas."

I wish people wouldn't make ignorant comments.

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
Associate Professor

@MarkJFine wrote:

Just imagine it being Sunday during football season, only everyday, and worse.

All day, every day...

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@MarkJFine wrote:

@MarkJFine wrote:

Just imagine it being Sunday during football season, only everyday, and worse.

All day, every day...

Yep.  And it's only getting worse.  

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted

Not gonna happen. 

@GabeU wrote:

"They only care about the money and take advantage of because they know they're the only provider in these rural areas."

I wish people wouldn't make ignorant comments