cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data limits

mikef
New Poster

Re: Data limits

My piece of the pie seems to be getting smaller the further I get into my 2 yr contract. strange

@maratsade wrote:

Data limits have to do with the nature of satellite internet.  A satellite's throughput has to be divided amongst the users and since the throuput is limited, caps must be established to assure everyone gets a piece of the pie. 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@mikef

As time goes on, things use more and more data.  Even if we went to the exact same websites and did the exact same activities every day, over time our data would be used more quickly.  It's the nature of the beast that is the internet.     

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro

@mikef wrote:

My piece of the pie seems to be getting smaller the further I get into my 2 yr contract. strange

Don't waste your breath saying anything critical of Hughes  around here.  As I soon found out myself, this is actually the headquarters of the Hughes legal defence team.. 

GabeU

@gaines_wright wrote:

@mikef wrote:

Don't waste your breath saying anything critical of Hughes  around here.  As I soon found out myself, this is actually the headquarters of the Hughes legal defence team..  

mikef's issue has absolutely nothing to do with Hughes and everything to do with the internet becoming more data intensive as time goes on.

But, with that said, we're so very lucky that you're here to set us all straight, gaines_wright!  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
maratsade

"this is actually the headquarters of the Hughes legal defence team."

No, that's actually 3 miles to the north.  This is actually the HQ for Hughesnet's synchronised swimming team. 

mikef's issue has absolutely nothing to do with Hughes and everything to do with the internet becoming more data intensive as time goes on.

Well, I just reread all of his posts, and I certainly can't see how you could come up with that conclusion.

I guess it's like Leonard Cohen sang:  "everybody knows".

But, with that said, we're so very lucky that you're here to set us all straight, gaines_wright!  

I'm afraid it's a hopeless task!  One couldn't  cut the smug condescension around here with a machete!

@maratsade wrote:

"this is actually the headquarters of the Hughes legal defence team."

No, that's actually 3 miles to the north.  This is actually the HQ for Hughesnet's synchronised swimming team. 

Where's the dancing girls?

maratsade

The Hughesnet FAPpettesThe Hughesnet FAPpettes

Here they are, the world famous Hughesnet FAPpettes!

MarkJFine
Professor

@maratsade wrote:

Here they are, the world famous Hughesnet FAPpettes!

You just won the board for the week. lol

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU

@gaines_wright wrote:

Well, I just reread all of his posts, and I certainly can't see how you could come up with that conclusion. 

All two, or did you miss his second one on the other thread?  And, considering his only mention of anything actually having to do with the service was his "piece of the pie getting smaller" over time in reference to data limits, you may want to read his two sentences a little more carefully.  Perhaps you can enlighten me with YOUR conclusion.  Again, make sure to re-read "all of his posts."  All two.  

@gaines_wright wrote: 

I'm afraid it's a hopeless task!  One couldn't  cut the smug condescension around here with a machete! 

If the shoe fits.  And you're the one who made the inflammatory comment about what was simply an informational reply, explaining why his piece of the pie is getting smaller over time.