Do you use Netflix with PlayOn Cloud?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Do you use Netflix with PlayOn Cloud?

I'm thinking of signing up with Netflix, and I was just curious if anyone that uses PlayOn Cloud had tried it, or regularly uses it, with Netflix.  I know the first month with Netflix is free and I could just try it, but I wanted to hear of people's experience first.  

Thanks.  

7 REPLIES 7
maratsade

I use it with Netflix with PlayOn all the time (in fact, I downloaded a whole season last week, which I then burned onto a DVD disc). Works without any problems; all you have to do once you have an account is log in from PlayOn and then do the same as with Prime or Hulu or any of the other channels. 

GabeU

Thanks for the info.  I actually decided to go ahead and try it shortly after starting this topic.  After all, if it didn't work I could just cancel it, having not paid a penny.

It worked very well.  I just wish there was more content that I want.  I was under the impression that Netflix had pretty much everything.  The first three things I searched for, which were films, they didn't carry.  😞

I wish you could view what they carry before signing up, but they don't allow that.  Trust me, I tried.

GabeU

And here I go, burning through my data again.  SMH.  I should be able to make it through the rest of the month with this remaining data without issue, though.

Capture.JPG

I recorded and downloaded some stuff from HBO Go last week during the Bonus Zone, then today I recorded and downloaded Season 4 of Spartacus from Netflix with my Anytime data. I'll wait until next month to get the other three seasons of Spartacus, or at least the other two main ones.  I might record and download Season 2 toward the end of this cycle if I still have enough data remaining, as it only had six episodes.  

I will say, though, that for some reason, these recordings from Netflix look so much better than what I've gotten via HBO Go.  I went in and changed Netflix's playback settings from Auto to High.  I didn't want to take the chance that they could accidentally record in something lower, so I changed it to always being in HD.  I don't know if that made any difference, as I know that PlayOn can only give 720 and not 1080, but it sure does look like 1080, so I'm a VERY happy camper.  🙂 🙂 🙂 

maratsade

Netflix stuff always looks better to me too (I also record from Hulu and from Prime). 

You really need to manage your PlayOn addiction, mate. It's killing your data. 😉

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

You really need to manage your PlayOn addiction, mate. It's killing your data. 😉

Nah, I'll be alright this month.  Last month I went a little nuts, though.  😛  

maratsade

If it gets crazy, we'll have to stage an intervention.  Smiley LOL

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

If it gets crazy, we'll have to stage an intervention.  Smiley LOL

Oh no.  If I see you all, and you all start breaking out self penned letters to read to me, I'm running!  😛 😛 😛