Failing To Provide Service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hoewing14
New Poster

Failing To Provide Service

We have had HughesNet since May. Since then we have had to call every 10 days or so to "fix our internet" because it was never working properly. Many times we were promised that the issue was resolved, and we wouldn't have to call again, WRONG. Finally after calling 4 times within 15 days, we tried to cancel our service. Paying $100 a month for a service that isn't being fulfilled is a crime. We were told that we were not justified in cancelling our contract and that we will be billed for "early termination." What a joke. I can't wait to file complaints with the Federal Trade Commission and Better Business Bureau!

44 REPLIES 44

@skybox wrote:

Watch how fast service returns tommorow when everyone comes back to work. Hugesnet you can't close down the shop over a holiday!

They didn't close up shop. Think you owe the people who have been up all night and all day today (one of them an admin here) an apology, while you had a nice, easy day off, grilling steaks and burgers.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Actually the level4 techs got the day off. If you called customer service today you would know. Don't attack people frustrated understandably. Some of us have never received the service we pay for yet are at the mercy of the two almighty satellite providers
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Some of you also don’t see how hard these people work to improve the service you’re always dissing. 

Some of us have never received the service we pay for yet are at the mercy of the two almighty satellite providers

maratsade

Hear hear. Well said, Mark.

. Think you owe the people who have been up all night and all day today (one of them an admin here) an apology, while you had a nice, easy day off, grilling steaks and burgers.

deanwferguson
Sophomore

I have been with Hughesnet for 5 years. Unfortunately for those in rural areas there are no good options but this company has lied to me repeatedly. I upgraded to gen 5 hesitantly since my speeds until this point fell below dial up standards at times (got a 41 kbps with a rep on phone once even well below dial up). With promises of 25 Mbps download and 3 Mbps upload I got excited and when told my bill would only be $2 more a month I jumped in. After a few weeks service got slow so i complained.. offered a free upgrade for more data while escalating to a lvl4 tech.. tech decided to send a tech to my home. The 3rd party tech honestly told me there are areas of extreme congestion and that hurts our speeds. Furthermore while upgrading my modem my dish was not. So I was not pointed to the new satellite and very congested on the old. The tech left knowing nothing had changed. Once again with the level 4 tech on phone I'm told well Hughesnet is having problems but should be ironed out soon and I get a 3 month credit to bring down bill. Well somehow my bill is $20 higher than before and I still can't get the speeds I paid for. I spent two hours on the phone tonight (mostly hold time) honestly the person's accent was so thick and rate of speech so fast I had great great difficulties (and sadly I spent years in teleservices training reps overseas in India to deal with Americans and I still couldn't understand this person well at all). Now I get to do the dance again. I get a call from a lvl4 tech tomorrow even knowing exactly how this will go I feel powerless to stop, I want to be able to stream movies and play games like the commercials say (btw seeing a Hughesnet commercial inspires rage in me and likely every customer you already have) but I know this won't be fixed and truly the only thing you can do is complain and reduce the cost of the crap service that simply using will cause frustration.

Dean I feel your pain! A little over a year ago I switched to HughesNet. The representative that installed my service assured me I could stream NetFlix and Hulu no problem. He told me he had customers who had reached their data limit that could still stream these services. I guess I just wanted to believe. I have NEVER been able to watch a NetFlix or Hulu program without CONSTANT buffering. It has gotten so bad that I wait minutes for websites to come up.
It is clear that Hughesnet's compensation system promotes the blowing of sunshine where sunshine should never be and that Hughesnet knowingly oversells capacity on their satellites. I am over the top frustrated that satellite is my only choice. BUT! When my contract is up I am done!
deanwferguson
Sophomore

I have been with Hughesnet for 5 years. Unfortunately for those in rural areas there are no good options but this company has lied to me repeatedly. I upgraded to gen 5 hesitantly since my speeds until this point fell below dial up standards at times (got a 41 kbps with a rep on phone once even well below dial up). With promises of 25 Mbps download and 3 Mbps upload I got excited and when told my bill would only be $2 more a month I jumped in. After a few weeks service got slow so i complained.. offered a free upgrade for more data while escalating to a lvl4 tech.. tech decided to send a tech to my home. The 3rd party tech honestly told me there are areas of extreme congestion and that hurts our speeds. Furthermore while upgrading my modem my dish was not. So I was not pointed to the new satellite and very congested on the old. The tech left knowing nothing had changed. Once again with the level 4 tech on phone I'm told well Hughesnet is having problems but should be ironed out soon and I get a 3 month credit to bring down bill. Well somehow my bill is $20 higher than before and I still can't get the speeds I paid for. I spent two hours on the phone tonight (mostly hold time) honestly the person's accent was so thick and rate of speech so fast I had great great difficulties (and sadly I spent years in teleservices training reps overseas in India to deal with Americans and I still couldn't understand this person well at all). Now I get to do the dance again. I get a call from a lvl4 tech tomorrow even knowing exactly how this will go I feel powerless to stop, I want to be able to stream movies and play games like the commercials say (btw seeing a Hughesnet commercial inspires rage in me and likely every customer you already have) but I know this won't be fixed and truly the only thing you can do is complain and reduce the cost of the crap service that simply using will cause frustration.
P.s. got this when trying to post cause service is so awful
Correct the highlighted errors and try again.

There was an error while attempting to post your message. Try again in a few minutes.

Likely because my speeds are measured in kbps rather than mbps

Same here!! Don't know what to do... furious!!
maratsade

Miss38, this area is clearly marked NOT FOR HUGHESNET SUPPORT.   Additionally, this site is a support site, not a rant site, so if you need support, then start your own thread under Tech Support and clearly state what the issues are. No one can help you if all you do is rant.  Instead of being furious, try being proactive. You'll live longer.

maratsade

Deanwferguson, you're posting in an area that's clearly labeled NOT FOR HUGHESNET SUPPORT.  This site is not a rant site,  it is a tech support site -- if you need tech support, post under Tech Support

"There was an error while attempting to post your message. Try again in a few minutes.
Likely because my speeds are measured in kbps rather than mbps"

No, it has nothing to do with that, but thanks for the hysterical paranoia.  It has to do with you clicking Send more than once. The system gives that error when the user does that.

Just to point out you were likely posting as I did write a long paragraph that we shouldn't post here. And we're I ranting I'd use more deplorable wording. And lastly maybe the second click happened cause with those kbps speeds and post not happening with slow speeds I clicked again. Gosh it's nice to see how kindly you speak to people going through levels of frustration no service has given them ever before. (Well this is a lil ranty, my former post was just collusion of facts to support another poor victim

@deanwferguson wrote:
Just to point out you were likely posting as I did write a long paragraph that we shouldn't post here. And we're I ranting I'd use more deplorable wording. And lastly maybe the second click happened cause with those kbps speeds and post not happening with slow speeds I clicked again. Gosh it's nice to see how kindly you speak to people going through levels of frustration no service has given them ever before. (Well this is a lil ranty, my former post was just collusion of facts to support another poor victim

Is this from some Damon Wayans bit?

Can someone decypher this for me please? I just see a lot of words thrown together. For example, what's a "collusion of facts"... in context?

How can someone write something like this and complain about not being able to understand an foreign, outsourced tech support person on the phone? Are you certain that they were able to understand you?

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU

@MarkJFine wrote:

For example, what's a "collusion of facts"... in context?

I suspect the Russians might be involved.  😛   

@GabeU wrote:

I suspect the Russians might be involved.  😛   

I had considered that this latest series of outages could conceivably be due to a Russian DDOS attack.

Mara, there are a boat load of Deans out here that are very frustrated! Save your snark for your magic game buddies.

@205 wrote:
Mara, there are a boat load of Deans out here that are very frustrated! Save your snark for your magic game buddies.

Right, and this is NOT the appropriate forum to voice them. Take a hike.

Mark your trolling people. If at any point you had been polite it would likely have dropped. Why do you defend a company making so much money with so many disastisfied customers? We all know the truth is they simply have too many customers and when peak times hit the service becomes non viable for usage for much of anything beyond checking email or maybe glancing at some web sites.

Methinks you don't understand what trolling is. Much like your grammar and use of inane phrases like "collusion of facts".

I defend nothing other than the peaceful recourse from you people that feel that you need to constantly whine in here, when this forum was specifically meant as a respite from it.

Now, given that knowledge, you're the one that's trolling.

Take your whiny argument elsewhere. It's not wanted in this forum.

Fine, you're dissatisfied, here's your medal.

GO WHINE SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Your disclaimer says your not a Hughesnet customer and yet you egg and egg on? What vested interest do you have on defending a company prominently featured in forbes if your not a customer? Disastisfied people need to air their grievances but someone who supposedly has nothing to gain constantly commenting against these disastisfied customers gains what? A big pool to troll since unhappy people are the easiest to do it to

@deanwferguson

Again, you want to air your grievances, fine, air them. Just not here.

What part of  "A place to chat about tech or tech-related topics and just have fun. 🙂 *NOT FOR HUGHESNET SUPPORT*" do you not understand?

I'm done responding to your persistent trolling of this forum and recommend others do the same. Bye <plonk>

GabeU

@Liz

@Amanda

@Brooke

@Hardy

It may be a good idea to lock this thread.