cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Favorite Books?

Highlighted

Favorite Books?

It's National Library Sheflie Day! If you have a local library, or even a small home library/single bookshelf/nightstand with a book on it that you've been neglecting for months, you can share a shelfie Man LOL or some of your favorites in your collection! I can always use some good reads. 

I usually have my "library" on display

And for books that you'd typically see in a library, I've been reading through The Witcher series by Polish author, Andrzej Sapkowski. 

I'm a big fan of Fantasy, Horror and Thrillers, but I've been wanting to read more non-fiction as well. Any suggestions?

-Jay

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Associate Professor

Re: Favorite Books?

Hmmm... no Hush?

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted

I do own the entire Hush run but it's hidden somewhere in one of my long boxes. 

I used to rotate the books on the wall regularly, but I've gotten lazy on that recently. Batman #612 was up on the wall for a long time!

Image result for batman 612"

-Jay

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor I

wtc.jpg

Currently reading this in when I have a few moments. 

(Looking forward to National Pie Day tomorrow!!)

Highlighted

Just read the synopsis, it looks interesting! I'll add it to my list of non-fiction to get to.

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor I

It's actually very good, but I'm a corporate atto*ney, so it's of interest to me. I don't think it has superheroes in it, but it can be argued it does have villains. Smiley Wink

@Jay wrote:

Just read the synopsis, it looks interesting! I'll add it to my list of non-fiction to get to.

Highlighted
Associate Professor

Of course there's this, too.btdkr.jpg

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted

That's actually one I don't own in a first print, just the graphic novel form. It's on a short list of books I need to buy Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted
Associate Professor

I have it digitally, which is fine for me. I can't justify the space for what I would have accumulated and disk space is cheap.

I used to have lots of long boxes of golden age comics (40s-60s) back in the mid-60s. They disappeared in one of our moves.

Worth adding that I used to have original newspaper-style copies of Rolling Stone and the first few years of Heavy Metal in the 70s. My hoarding skills started early.

Highlighted

If you need to offload any other comics, I'll send you my address. Smiley Wink