Google Locations

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kitnbob
Tutor

Google Locations

Cookies from a site WAS the method for remembering where my local Walmart store or Home Depot is.

Some of us would get uptight about ALL of the tracking cookies our browsers would collect about us. Yawn!... I use the Original Cookie Washer. using the military Absolute Erase, not only does it delete the character, it writes over it 5 times with x's and o's, leaving no way of retreiving my browser history, so nobody knows where I have been or what I have been looking at. ........

Except GOOGLE.      SO Google "AI" thinks it can !

My IP address goes out into space and comes back down to a gateway in some other part of the country, sometimes in a VPN, sometimes in weird browsers like Duck,Duck,Goose. Yet GOOGLE knows where I am.

Lately Google Maps will show my location parked on a street in Samarkland, Uzbekistan,      How can Google get it so wrong? Should I be concerned?  and Whats amazing is I can drive there in 1 hr and 26Mins travel time.

A week ago, I took some pictures with my camera phone, and my picture of a flower is from Samarkland, Uzbekistan.

So Ya think the Chinese interference has got Google a little confused?

How does Google think it can tell my location from IP addresses?

Google might be a little overwhelmed.

1 REPLY 1
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

" Lately Google Maps will show my location parked on a street in Samarkland, Uzbekistan,      How can Google get it so wrong? Should I be concerned? "

Yes. You may be getting up to no good while sleepwalking, and Google knows.