cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Got another good one today....

Capture.JPG

The sad thing is that people will believe this, click on it, sign in, and then have their accounts zeroed.  SMH.  

And I'm not sure what a "link bellow" is, but I suspect it's the sound made by a link in a chain when it finally gives up and lets go.  I'm sure it's a very sad sound.  😛 

9 REPLIES 9
maratsade

That's exactly what a link bellow is. 

Brooke
Alum

"link bellow" 

LOL. Got a good laugh at this. 

Thanks for sharing, Gabe! Hope it prevents people here from opening it. 

-Brooke

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

My solution......I don't use OneDrive and avoid cloud services in general on satellite internet.

maratsade

I don't use OneDrive myself, but I can't seem to be able to disable it.  Edit: meaning it's always syncing with the cloud.  Does anyone know how to disable it? Edit 2: found something at support.office.com

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@maratsade wrote:

I don't use OneDrive myself, but I can't seem to be able to disable it.  Edit: meaning it's always syncing with the cloud.  Does anyone know how to disable it? Edit 2: found something at support.office.com

Here is for 10: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/turn-off-disable-or-uninstall-onedrive-f32a17ce-3336-40fe-9...

maratsade

Cheers, @BirdDog! That's the one I had found. Seems pretty straightformard (or as straightforwards as Windows can get). 

@BirdDog wrote:

My solution......I don't use OneDrive and avoid cloud services in general on satellite internet.

Good advice. Keep telling my wife that Google Drive apps eat bandwidth like crazy.

She uses it for work and spends hours and hours editing things on-line. Keep reminding her that it's preferred if she downloaded, edited, then re-uploaded when done. And then she keeps going into the same thing over and over, making matters worse.

Her on-line lesson plans work like that as well. 🤨

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

Here the spousal unit and I both use Google Drive, but only online. We haven't downloaded the apps so as to avoid the silly syncing.

GabeU

@BirdDog wrote:

Same, here.  That's another one of the reasons I sort of laughed when I saw this.  I've never set OneDrive up, nor even signed into it.  I immediately disable it on my PCs, and if it can be uninstalled, or at least quasi-uninstalled, like it can with the latest revision of Windows 10, I do so.   Before it could be uninstalled I just disabled it.  

With that said, though, I do have Webroot for my antivirus, and it is cloud based, but the amount of data it uses is minimal, as there are no definition updates to download.