Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
enchantedmeadow
New Poster

Have a good day.

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

You're not stuck in a contract. You can get out any time, though you may have to pay an early termination fee. If you don't want to pay the fee, then you are choosing to stay in the contract; you are not being forced to stay.

If you stay, then you may want to post your technical problems with your system under Tech Support.  People will help you maximize your experience.  The Hughesnet reps may also chime in, but it's likely they will want you to troubleshoot your system on your end before they can diagnose the problem, if there really is a problem.

You may also want to realize that satellite internet is not for streaming or cord-cutting.  The technology is very expensive and so broadband is rationed.  You as a user need to learn how to budget your ration and you also need to learn how to optimize your netowrk. 

As for dialup, you'd have a very hard time even getting on the internet -- but hey, have at it. 

If it takes so long for you to do stuff, it may be because you have exceeded your data allotment.  Data is not unlimited with satellite internet. 

Complaining will not improve your situation, and your dire warnings to stay away from the ISP will not help other people either (many people, including myself and others who post here have been long-time customers and we have a very good experience with the system). 

You'd do more good being proactive and learning how to manage your network and then helping others to do the same.  

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

View solution in original post

@enchantedmeadow

More importantly, this area isn't for moaning about technical problems. In fact, it's meant as a forum for people to escape it. If you have a problem, bring it up in Tech Support, where it belongs, please.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

GabeU

@enchantedmeadow wrote:

For the last TWO years I have had no help from any of hughes.net technician's on getting into my profile or being able to check my usage. 

It's too bad you didn't come here sooner to post in Tech Support in order to have the problem resolved.  

Skiporgnk
Freshman

I disagree I have excellent support i called them about the wifi not working a new modem was sent out to me right away. My service has been excellent even after using all my data. Never had a problem with billing.

4 REPLIES 4
maratsade

You're not stuck in a contract. You can get out any time, though you may have to pay an early termination fee. If you don't want to pay the fee, then you are choosing to stay in the contract; you are not being forced to stay.

If you stay, then you may want to post your technical problems with your system under Tech Support.  People will help you maximize your experience.  The Hughesnet reps may also chime in, but it's likely they will want you to troubleshoot your system on your end before they can diagnose the problem, if there really is a problem.

You may also want to realize that satellite internet is not for streaming or cord-cutting.  The technology is very expensive and so broadband is rationed.  You as a user need to learn how to budget your ration and you also need to learn how to optimize your netowrk. 

As for dialup, you'd have a very hard time even getting on the internet -- but hey, have at it. 

If it takes so long for you to do stuff, it may be because you have exceeded your data allotment.  Data is not unlimited with satellite internet. 

Complaining will not improve your situation, and your dire warnings to stay away from the ISP will not help other people either (many people, including myself and others who post here have been long-time customers and we have a very good experience with the system). 

You'd do more good being proactive and learning how to manage your network and then helping others to do the same.  

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

@enchantedmeadow

More importantly, this area isn't for moaning about technical problems. In fact, it's meant as a forum for people to escape it. If you have a problem, bring it up in Tech Support, where it belongs, please.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU

@enchantedmeadow wrote:

For the last TWO years I have had no help from any of hughes.net technician's on getting into my profile or being able to check my usage. 

It's too bad you didn't come here sooner to post in Tech Support in order to have the problem resolved.  

Skiporgnk
Freshman

I disagree I have excellent support i called them about the wifi not working a new modem was sent out to me right away. My service has been excellent even after using all my data. Never had a problem with billing.