Hughesnet Community

How was your holiday weekend?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Liz

How was your holiday weekend?

I hope everyone had a safe, fun, and relaxing 4th of July!

Anyone do anything exciting? Did you catch that fireworks explosion in Ocean City, MD? Or do you usually escape the fireworks to a remote place for a quiet respite?

I went to a nice gathering with lots of food and family, which was the first time we were able to do so in over a year. We didn't buy fireworks, but we used some old sparklers from a couple years ago, and watched neighbors' fireworks going off in the neighborhood. As epic as the DC 4th of July fireworks are, I can't imagine driving over there to watch. I no longer care to deal with the crowds and the traffic, at least not for fireworks. 

I already have one awesome DC 4th of July fireworks memory, and that's good enough for me LOL! This was many years ago, so I don't remember what the plan was... I just remember riding at night on 395 in Crystal City, right next to the Pentagon. Perhaps we were looking around DC, besides the Mall, for a nice viewing spot. However, it was already time for the show, and the fireworks began. We could see them from the car, and soon traffic slowed to a crawl, then finally to a complete stop. At that point as the fireworks were underway, everyone got out of their cars and watched the skies. Felt surreal, being on a typically busy highway which was now a parking lot. It was pretty great. 😄

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

7 REPLIES 7
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The DC fireworks displays are usually quite memorable. I remember them from when I lived in the area. 

Fourth of July was quiet here. Nothing out of the ordinary, really, but heard fireworks around the neighbourhood all night. This was driving the dogs nuts. 

Oh I bet! I love fireworks, but I do feel bad for the people and animals who have a hard time with them. 

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

maratsade

Ditto. As for the dogs, I've had many who don't seem to care, but some who get distraught and anxious about them and need tranquilisers.  Even the household cat was having issues. 

Aw poor pups and kitty. I've only had a cat once, but I didn't realize til recently that there was Xanax for pets o_o

-Liz 

maratsade

Yes, "there's a drug for that." LOL

I'm not a cat person, but  living in a rural area you need cats, or you get mice. 

@Liz wrote:

Aw poor pups and kitty. I've only had a cat once, but I didn't realize til recently that there was Xanax for pets o_o

-Liz 

Jay

Mine was pretty great! Spent the time with some friends, went hiking, did some swimming, and caught some fireworks! -Jay
GabeU

I didn't go to any shows or anything, but living up on the side of a large ridge I was able to see a good number of fireworks from villages and such.  I was even able to see them from areas around Buffalo, about 35 miles distant, though Buffalo itself cancelled theirs for this year.