cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting tired of it...

Honorary Alumnus

Re: I don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting tired of it...

Yes, burnout is very real.

In my case I seldom post due to failing health.

Things have changed over time. It used to be that  folks understood that satellite  Internet was not, can not be the functional  equivalent  of ground based systems.

These days many users are cord cutters. The extra load on the entire system and within individual  beams is bringing the system to its knees and they just don't want to hear it. They just want cable performance.

Don't even get me going on the self proclaimed  "Sys  Admins".

Senior Instructor

@Gwalk900 wrote:

Don't even get me going on the self proclaimed  "Sys  Admins".

I used to employ quite a few SysAds and was going to have some fun with that guy.

They were always at odds with software engineers no matter how much of a symbiotic relationship you tried to create. So I really got a chuckle at this.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Admin

GabeU - You should know that the Hughes Community moderators, corp. engineers, installers, technicians and field staff have tremendous respect for your technical experience and ability to logically explain satellite internet technology to the average user.   I’m looking forward to speaking with you and will reach out this week.

Professor

I'm sorry to hear about your failing health, GWalk900. I miss your presence here. 

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor III

@maratsade@Katie@MarkJFine@Gwalk900@bare65

Thanks, folks.  I certainly appreciate it.  A break was what I needed.  Smiley Happy  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Distinguished Professor III

@r3wt2

When you actually start helping people, your critiques and criticisms might carry some weight.  Until then, they're the equivalent of hot air.  Nothing more.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Senior

@maratsade wrote:

The bleeps are awesome.  LOL

Hey! Can Big **bleep** make a comment here?  Smiley Happy

@GabeU was the first to reply to my first post here.

soon found out he had a sense of humor and we started "poking" jabs at the other.

We, sometimes have fun. Gotta remember the good times too.

Dont leave "Bud"