It's not a great picture, but...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

It's not a great picture, but...

I was able to catch these beauties in the side yard earlier this evening.  There were four more to the right of the area in the picture, and a slew of them in the woods, as well.  One day, a few years back, I had over a dozen of them on my lawn, with six of them being in the front.  One was so close to the house I could have reached out the window and nearly touched it.  🙂  There are perks to living in the country.  

0205181733d.jpg

70 REPLIES 70

@bare65 - yes but I know the owner of that vehicle so I told him to check around and under his car before taking off today  that day. Though I think this little guy is a seasoned veteran of our parking lot. I am pretty sure I saw him about 2 years ago scurrying across the sidewalk.

His name is Alvin and he's addicted to Armour-All.

Yes... here he is hard at work on his weekend project...

mechanicjpg.jpg

(from http://thedailymini.com/daily-mini-interview-miniature-sets-friendchips-photography-christie-pierce/)

GabeU

@Amanda wrote:

Not exactly the wild.. but spotted this little guy a couple of months ago in the parking lot here 🙂

alvin.png

That's cute.  I don't see too many chipmunks around here these days, though I grew up only ten miles away and used to see them all the time as a kid.  Heck, I used to see chipmunks more often than squirrels.  🙂   Now it's raccoons.  Too many raccoons, the sneaky critters.    

maratsade

@Amanda, those are cute little buggers -- I like how they hold their tails straight up when they run across the road.

GabeU

bare65 wrote: 

Have you ever heard the expression.."Cheeky wee bugger"? 

Cheeky, but not cheeky wee bugger.  My mother's family (and herself) is from England, and I would hear that word every now and again, though not much anymore.  

maratsade

I've used cheeky monkey and cheeky bugger.  Not so much wee, though.  That's more Scottish or Irish, in my experience.

@GabeU wrote:

bare65 wrote: 

Cheeky, but not cheeky wee bugger.  My mother's family (and herself) is from England, and I would hear that word every now and again, though not much anymore.  

maratsade

I have, yes. 🙂  I use the expression "bugger" all the time.

maratsade

Wow, that's a great spider, @GabeU.  C0rr0sive should adopt it.

maratsade

Those are some AWESOME lizards and snakes, @bare65. Very cool.