SERVICE

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SEASHELLER1956
New Poster

SERVICE

HUGHES NET IS A HORRIBLE BUSINESS THAT WILL FRADULENTLY TAKE MONEY FROM PEOPLE AND NOW I HAVE NO RECOURSE!  I HAVE BEEN A CUSTOMER FOR OVER 2 YEARS AND RECENTLY MOVED.  THEY SAID THEY NO LONGER HAD GEN4 ONLY GEN5.  THEY PROMISED ME GEN5 FOR THE SAME PRICE AS GEN4 AS I WAS GOING TO CANCEL.  THEN THEY JACKED MY BILL UP, AND I TOLD THEM I WAS VERY DIS-SATISFIED AND CANCELLED MY SERVICE....THEY THEN CHARGED ME $265.00 EARLY TERMINATION FEE WHICH WAS A JOKE, I HAD BEEN THEIR CUSTOMER OVER 2 YEARS!  DON'T EVER GET THEM FOR INTERNET SERVICE.....THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF!!!!

9 REPLIES 9
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

It's not a ripoff, a joke, or a fraud. It's a legal contract. The contract is for 2 years. When you cancel  before the 2 years, you pay a fine.  This happens with all internet service providers, not just Hughesnet. So even if people don't get Hughesnet and go with someone else (Verizon Wireless, Excede, etc.), the same thing will happen if they cancel their contract before the service term is over. 

I am not arguing whether it is a contract or not.  I dispute that when I moved location, the installer informed me that I could not get GEN4 anymore and would have to take GEN5.  I told him I would not pay additional monthly charges and he could stop installation.  He called the office and informed them of what I had said.   They told him to offer me GEN5 at the GEN4 price to continue my service.  You entered a contract with me for GEN4 services and you did not live up to your end of the contract!  I have called several times to speak to someone about my issue and I can not even get a person who speaks ENGLISH and is not reading from a SCRIPT!!.  So please don't tell me about contracts, you did not live up to yours and I have no intention of living up to mine!  You might think you have my early termination fee, but believe me you have crossed the wrong person and I will not give up....I will tell anyone I know, not to deal with HUGHES NET

GabeU

@SEASHELLER1956

This is a support site, not a rant site.  Please have enough respect for your fellow HughesNet customers to use this Community for which it is intended.  

If you're looking for help please post in the appropriate section, which would be MyAccount and Billing. 

HOW MUCH ARE THEY PAYING YOU??????  It's an open forum and I can express my opinions for future Hughes Net Customers...they need to know what they are getting into!

GabeU

@SEASHELLER1956

Please read the following concerning this Community, and again, please show respect for your fellow customers and use this Community for which it is intended.  This is a support site, not a rant site, nor is it your personal rant site, no matter how angry you are. 

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/About-the-Community/Community-Guidelines/m-p/73099#M1194

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/About-the-Community/Community-Terms-of-Service/m-p/73098#M1193

@SEASHELLER1956 wrote:

HOW MUCH ARE THEY PAYING YOU??????  It's an open forum and I can express my opinions for future Hughes Net Customers...they need to know what they are getting into!

Check the area description. This particular area is designed to be a respite from all the ranting and vitriol. Yes, you can express yourself all you want. Just know that ranting in General Discussion makes you just look like an irrational ranting fool that should be ignored - not exactly what you're shooting for.

Besides, perhaps your gripe is with your installer and not the company. If you discuss this calmly and rationally in myAccount and Billing, perhaps a considerate, high-level HughesNet employee will be able to make it right for you. But again, if you want to continue the Howard Beale route, suit yourself.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

"the Howard Beale route"

Brilliant reference. 

maratsade

If you would like your concerns addressed on this community, please post those concerns to the MyAccount and Billing section.  This section where you have posted is not for Hughesnet support, and the Hughesnet employees may not see or address your post.  I am a Hughesnet customer, not an employee. This is a customer-to-customer support site, and Hughesnet employees intervene only when we customers can't help.  Your issue will be more visible and addressed sooner if you post it to the right section. 

@SEASHELLER1956 wrote:

I am not arguing whether it is a contract or not.  I dispute that when I moved location, the installer informed me that I could not get GEN4 anymore and would have to take GEN5.  I told him I would not pay additional monthly charges and he could stop installation.  He called the office and informed them of what I had said.   They told him to offer me GEN5 at the GEN4 price to continue my service.  You entered a contract with me for GEN4 services and you did not live up to your end of the contract!  I have called several times to speak to someone about my issue and I can not even get a person who speaks ENGLISH and is not reading from a SCRIPT!!.  So please don't tell me about contracts, you did not live up to yours and I have no intention of living up to mine!  You might think you have my early termination fee, but believe me you have crossed the wrong person and I will not give up....I will tell anyone I know, not to deal with HUGHES NET

Shelia
New Poster

They used the same tactic on me.  I called for repair and they conviently (for them) accidently closed my account of 9 years and then told me I could not have Gen 4 but had to upgrade to Gen 5.  Also cut my Dish Network coax and I had to have a service call from Dish to get my TV back.  I spent 6 hours over a 2 day period on the phone with someone reading on the other end.