Scammers are getting lazy...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Scammers are getting lazy...

This is getting dowright pathetic.  They should take pride in their work and at least try to make it look somewhat legitimate!  😛 

Warning LOL.jpg

9 REPLIES 9
maratsade

Please "reply them," Gabe. LOL

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

Please "reply them," Gabe. LOL

Well, I have to.  Otherwise my account will be removed from the server in about 35 minutes.  

Ya gotta love how incredibly stupid this one is.  

Also, if you have automatic downloading of images turned off (which you should) and not manually opened any images or clicked on anything, there is no way they would know when you opened it, since you've essentially not followed any links.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU

I do have automatic downloading of images turned off.  Also, MSN is pretty good about catching suspicious emails and putting them in my junk folder.  

GabeU

Since posting this I've gotten identical emails three more time, but from different addresses, of course.  

The "Please reply us" makes me laugh each time.  

GabeU

I've changed a few of the characters, but this was the return address for an email I just got telling me I won a free year of Netflix.  

64vp0qqtu0.a20139284ec561120899a740008bc740@spiedom.annuiteesgenius.org  

You've gotta love it.  

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@GabeU wrote:

I've changed a few of the characters, but this was the return address for an email I just got telling me I won a free year of Netflix.  

64vp0qqtu0.a20139284ec561120899a740008bc740@spiedom.annuiteesgenius.org  

You've gotta love it.  

Hey, the Alphabet and Numbers Soup Company (ANSC) is a very trustworthy organization!

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

The small "m" in Microsoft is also pretty funny and absurd. You know they would never demean themselves like that.

maratsade

The  new microsoft's motto:  We are humble now. 

@BirdDog wrote:

The small "m" in Microsoft is also pretty funny and absurd. You know they would never demean themselves like that.