Hughesnet Community

Snapchat

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grannygen

Snapchat

So no one in my family can get their Snapchat to work on our wifi.  They can get it to work find on other wifi's just not ours. They also cannot get it to work on my daughter's HughesNet wifi as well.  Is there some setting in the HughesNet that is blocking it?  Anyone else have this problem.  They have tried reinstalling the app on their phones and the same thing happens. 

8 REPLIES 8
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

HughesNet doesn't block apps from functioning. The problem may have to do with the strength of the wifi, or whether you are out of data (which slows you down considerably).  It may also have to do with the time of the day and how many people in the area are using HughesNet at the same time. Satellite internet is an excellent technology, but the satellite has limited broadband that has to be shared by a large number of subscribers, and this can tax the system. When that happens, a lot of people in the same region can experience issues.  

In short, there could be lots of reasons why you're experiencing the problem, and it'd be a good idea to ask for tech support about it. 

To do that, go to the tech support section and post your issue there.  Just click the blue button labeled +Start a topic and post your issue, providing as many details as you can. 

Could also be that the cached DNS entry for Snapchat was corrupted on your modem. That can happen from failed repeated tries to access a site when the wifi is weak or marginal, or when the satellite signal is real low due to weather.

Try unplugging the modem from the wall power receptacle, waiting 60sec, then plugging it back in. Once it's fully rebooted and updated (may take up to an extra minute), access to Snapchat might be corrected.

I should add that this process may help with other services with similarly corrupted DNS entries, not just Snapchat.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

Good points. So many reasons!

5mayfield95

Having the exact same issue. Contacted support, tried resetting the modem as suggested. Checked all my settings in Snapchat. Still can’t get Snapchat to work on my HughesNet Wi-Fi. Did you get your issue fixed?

maratsade

That sounds super annoying.

Two things:

• If there's a Snapchat community, try asking there, just in case someone has had the same issue and resolved it.
  • Try asking about it in the Tech Support area.  The reps on this site may be able to funnel your issue to a department that can help. You will get further than with the phone reps.

@5mayfield95 wrote:

Having the exact same issue. Contacted support, tried resetting the modem as suggested. Checked all my settings in Snapchat. Still can’t get Snapchat to work on my HughesNet Wi-Fi. Did you get your issue fixed?

james17981
New Poster

Having the same issue🙄

maratsade

• If there's a Snapchat community, try asking there, just in case someone has had the same issue and resolved it.
  • Try asking about it in the Tech Support area.  The reps on this site may be able to funnel your issue to a department that can help. You will get further than with the phone reps.
drh100
New Poster

I just updated to the new Fusion plant. Mine is now doing the same thing. Prior to the update my Snapchat would work just fine. My connection is fine. We can use everything except Snapchat.