cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some people are never happy

Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Some people are never happy

@MarkJFine wrote:

I realize it's marketing suicide, but I would also list all those things that would be banned from use right up front and block every single port related to those things. That way, when they complain a or b doesn't work, you could point to those things and say "we told you, but you signed up anyway, sorry not sorry...".

Or at the very least tell persepective customers during the sales calls that doing those types of activities use egregious amounts of data and HughesNet isn't made for that.  That way, if they still do it it's their choice.  

I still do think they need to at least give a VPN disclaimer to everyone during the initial sales call.  Seeing a lot more VPN related posts lately.     

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Assistant Professor

Some are even trying to do that after they FAP. I can't even imagine what that does to the system.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Professor

Does anyone know what exactly is in the sales call?  Is there a standard script?  I wonder if they mention these things and people choose not to hear what's being said.

Assistant Professor

@maratsade wrote:

Does anyone know what exactly is in the sales call?  Is there a standard script?  I wonder if they mention these things and people choose not to hear what's being said.

Kinda doubt even Liz and Amanda do since most likely under constant change.

And the sad truth, probably doesn't matter as sales people are paid to make sales. Only the top tier in the food chain can force the sales segment to do anything if HughesNet is the typical company. The sales top dog most likely sits right beside the alpha dog during all meetings. Who knows what is said during private phone calls.

I've always been a realist. A corporation's main motivation is to make a profit, especially publicly traded ones. HughesNet is part of EchoStar after all, and they impact the bottom line in the end.

Professor

I agree; a company is there to make a profit; but good companies also seek to provide good customer service -- bad customer service in the end cuts into profits.   As for sales call, there's a bit of a con involved in sales, so it's up the customer to be educated as much as possible and not expect a lot of straightforwardness from a salesperson.

The sales calls are not 100% private, since they get recorded and have been posted in the past.  I wonder if there is some kind of a script and whether some salespeople go off it.

Distinguished Professor IV

@maratsade wrote:

I agree; a company is there to make a profit; but good companies also seek to provide good customer service -- bad customer service in the end cuts into profits.   As for sales call, there's a bit of a con involved in sales, so it's up the customer to be educated as much as possible and not expect a lot of straightforwardness from a salesperson.

The sales calls are not 100% private, since they get recorded and have been posted in the past.  I wonder if there is some kind of a script and whether some salespeople go off it.

Exactly. 

There used to be an "off price" clothing store chain in the US called Syms, and their spokesperson was Sy Syms.  He ended every single TV ad with the company slogan: "An educated consumer is our best customer."  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Assistant Professor

Lol... I remember those.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Assistant Professor

The "private call" I was referring to was those between the sales executive and the head honcho.

Highlighted
Professor

@BirdDog wrote:

The "private call" I was referring to was those between the sales executive and the head honcho.

Ah, yes.  Those are indeed basically off limits to regular people.

Professor

"He ended every single TV ad with the company slogan: 'An educated consumer is our best customer.'"  

The educated consumer seems to be an endangered species, being quickly replaced by the entitled consumer.