Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Testmy.net down?

Anyone else unable to contact Testmy.net?  I get this error message:

Connect failed: Connection refused

Website checkers tell me it's up and reachable. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Amanda

Working now. Webmaster commented in the forum that they had issues and were/are running off a backup database.

https://testmy.net/ipb/topic/33752-testmynet-connect-failed-connection-refused/

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Amanda

Hi Maratsade,

Same thing here - also tested on my cellphone using Verizon and it just sort of sits there spinning.. 

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

@maratsade wrote:

Anyone else unable to contact Testmy.net?  I get this error message:

Connect failed: Connection refused

Website checkers tell me it's up and reachable. 

Working fine for me.

GabeU

I know it's three hours after posting, but it's up for me.  

I've had problems a few times in the past where I couldn't reach a website, but "Is It Down Right Now" said it was fine. 

Amanda

Working now. Webmaster commented in the forum that they had issues and were/are running off a backup database.

https://testmy.net/ipb/topic/33752-testmynet-connect-failed-connection-refused/

maratsade

Thanks, everyone!

GabeU

@Amanda wrote:

Eek.  I see CA3LE is working on it.  I thought it was fine, but I just noticed that my server setting was changed. 

Oh well, nothing never breaks down.  

I would not be surprised if we see more and more down time at various sites. I've been dealing with a lot of vulnerability probing scripts targeting php-based web systems for the past bunch of weeks. It's mostly coming from Chinese cloud servers (Tencent, Aliyun, Alibaba, etc.) and getting more and more intense as I see these scripts grow in size and complexity. The scripts tend to use user agents of older IE/Edge, Firefox, and Chrome web browsers. Would not be surprised if the ones not coming directly from Chinese servers are actually 'captured' proxies, since they started experimenting with the "CONNECT" protocol a few weeks back, and have seen some of the scripts now being run on Malaysian, Vietnamese, and Thai servers as well.

Pays to keep your stuff updated, because I'm starting to block those older browsers as a precaution, as draconian a precaution as it sounds.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

Well, bleep.  

(I keep everything up to date, though)

@MarkJFine wrote:

I would not be surprised if we see more and more down time at various sites.

NY Times: Marriott Data Breach Is Traced to Chinese Hackers as U.S. Readies Crackdown on Beijing - https://apple.news/AGAVPNuyhTWe9zk9M7lezcw

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

Hopefully the crackdown will happen directly on the hackers' heads.