Trying a new thing...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Liz

Trying a new thing...

Good morning folks!

Starting today, the community team will post daily in here for fun. Feel free to join in. 🙂

Today is Martin Luther King Jr Day, and for those who have the day off, enjoy! Do something good today.

Did you know it's also National Cheese Lovers Day? That's why I'm here. It's me. I'm a cheese lover. Camembert, mozzarella, gouda, goat, nacho... give it all to me, in all the forms. Tell me your cheesy recipes or restaurants that serve your fave dish celebrating this dairy delight. If you happen to be in the Northern VA area, check out Cheesetique, they have mac n cheese, grilled cheese, cheese boards, and a lot more. 

cheese.jpg

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

38 REPLIES 38

Well, thanks to this thread I am now starving 😋. One of my favorite snacks is Prosciutto And Mozzarella Cheese Roll ups. Really simple combination but looks and tastes great. I feel fancy when I eat them as well =). Yummy

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Though it's pushing the boundaries of what can be considered even remotely cheese like, I would get some of that Kraft cheese powder.  😛  

Sometimes I have difficulty baking a pizza properly due to having far too much cheese on it.  I have one of those Pizzazz ovens, though, so I can adjust which side needs more baking than the other (top or bottom).  I use it to make quesadillas, as well.  And, of course, the cheesier the better!  🙂

@Damian wrote:

Well, thanks to this thread I am now starving 😋. One of my favorite snacks is Prosciutto And Mozzarella Cheese Roll ups. Really simple combination but looks and tastes great. I feel fancy when I eat them as well =). 

Mmm... either brizute (prosciutto) or gabbagul (capicola) with your mutsarel (mozzarella)

[in NJ, pronunciation is everything]

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU

@MarkJFine wrote: 

Mmm... either brizute (prosciutto) or gabbagul (capicola) with your mutsarel (mozzarella)

Thought you were channeling Tony Soprano for a second there.  😛

This is all I see when reading this:

italian.gif

@MarkJFine wrote:

@Damian wrote:

Well, thanks to this thread I am now starving 😋. One of my favorite snacks is Prosciutto And Mozzarella Cheese Roll ups. Really simple combination but looks and tastes great. I feel fancy when I eat them as well =). 

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

My wife's father used to make something that phonetically sounds like 'abitzagane': Basically a miss-mash of potatoes, veggies, mushrooms, olives, angel hair pasta, and other things all sauted in olive oil. We've tried looking for how it's actually spelled. I've even asked native Napolitans and they had no idea what I was talking about.

Edit... 'abitzagane' was a meat pie. What I described was another thing phonetically called 'ayaloya'. I got lots of phonetics.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

Sounds delicious!  Edit: would the meat pie be pizzagaina? 

@maratsade wrote:

Sounds delicious!  Edit: would the meat pie be pizzagaina? 

ding ding ding... I'm writing that down.

maratsade

Do you still make pizzagaina?  It's GOOD stuff. 

@MarkJFine wrote:

ding ding ding... I'm writing that down.

My wife makes it in Easter.

She also makes a pastiti (pastiera).

maratsade

Ah yes, I was told once that this was called Easter pie.  I've had it and other awesome foods in Italy.   Pastiera is a kind of cheesecake, right? A tart of some sort, if memory serves.  Italians have such great food. 

eh... more like a custard with spaghetti in it.

maratsade

I think what I've had has rice in it, but it also has ricotta cheese like cheesecake.  Not a bad dessert. 

One of those things that there are likely different variations depending upon region, tho it's quite possible she uses some ricot in there as well. I'll let you know in a couple of months... lol

maratsade

I just eats'em, I don't judges'em. 😉  Good food is good food. 

Liz

Yesss. Haha, I just had to grab some string cheese to snack on.

Wishing I had this to try it in: https://fondoodler.com/

maratsade

Good thing there was cheese at hand. 

@Liz wrote:

Yesss. Haha, I just had to grab some string cheese to snack on.

Wishing I had this to try it in: https://fondoodler.com/

Hardy

MMMMMMMM I love cheese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My most recent favorite thing I made with cheese is, Blueberry Goat cheese stuffed figs, wrapped in bacon!! But I could eat cheese on almost anything! Lobster mac n cheese, fried cheese, nachos, and anything with cream cheese is the best! I agree with Gabe, the cheesier the better! XD