Hughesnet Community

What are Your Fave Thanksgiving Foods/Recipes? Let's share!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Liz

What are Your Fave Thanksgiving Foods/Recipes? Let's share!

Hi folks, been a long time since we've posted in here!

Thursday is fast approaching, and I'm sure many of us have already been thinking about the festive foods Thanksgiving usually evokes: turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie etc.

What do you normally enjoy at this time? Do you cook it? Can you share pics and/or the recipe? 😄

Most of what I'm planning for Thanksgiving this year is not typical, but what I can share is this cookie recipe I'll attempt:

Salted Chocolate Chunk Shortbread Cookies

I'm more excited about the desserts than the turkey, and as fan of pies, I was pleased when we opted to buy a variety of them 2 years ago (on top of the other desserts we already had >_>):

pies.png

I think this was when I realized I much prefer chocolate pecan pie to plain pecan.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

14 REPLIES 14
Hardy

Hey Everyone!

I love all the traditional Thanksgiving foods and my favorite is my grandma's stuffing/dressing. As well as, her sweet potatoes, she puts brown sugar, granola, a whole lot of butter, and cranberries in them. However, with her and some others being sick, we need to figure things out on our own. So this year, my hubby decided we are doing Jamaican food for dinner! Oxtail, cabbage mixture, and red beans with rice. OH yeah and fried plantains. I am kind of excited! Hope everyone stays safe and eats lots of food no matter what you are doing! 🙂

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Fried plantains are AWESOME. 

maratsade

Here's a recipe. Easy and really good. 

Spicy candied pecans

½ cup sweetener
Dash salt
½ tsp to 1 tsp cayenne pepper
2 cups pecans
4 tsp water

Mix everything but pecans until a paste is formed. Add pecans and mix. Spread pecans in single layer on parchment paper in a pan. Bake in a 350F oven for 15 minutes.

GabeU

I've never really prepared a full Thanksgiving dinner for anyone, including myself, but I love pumpkin pie!  My folks usually do everything with Thanksgiving and they have me come over.  They're right across the street, so it's nice.  

I don't have a favorite because I like everything... to excess.

This is why I run 21 miles a week (just not all at one time).

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Jay

I'm popping in to say that Cool Whip is the superior topping for Pumpkin Pie and I will not accept any spray can alternatives!!!

-Jay

@Jay wrote:

I'm popping in to say that Cool Whip is the superior topping for Pumpkin Pie and I will not accept any spray can alternatives!!!

-Jay

Not even Cheez Whiz?

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

GabeU

@Liz wrote:

@Jay wrote:

-Jay

Not even Cheez Whiz?

nauseated-face-apple.png

Jay said spray can and the first thing that popped in my head was Cheez Whiz hahaha

-Liz

GabeU

Methinks Liz likes Cheez Whiz.  

maratsade

Not sure what makes you say that. 😁

@GabeU wrote:

Methinks Liz likes Cheez Whiz.  

GabeU

@Jay wrote:

-Jay

I couldn't agree more!  

My folks like Reddi-wip and tout the whole "but it's real cream" thing.  I'll take Cool Whip ANY day!  🙂

maratsade

What about real whipped cream?

@Jay wrote:

-Jay

Hardy

I make the best cool whip from scratch.... just sayin! bahaha