What are you having for dinner tonight!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

What are you having for dinner tonight!

Topics similar to this are fairly popular on other websites, so I figure why not start one here?  Post up a picture of your home cooked meals, either complete, or in the process of being cooked!  This might start up an interesting conversation such as sharing cooking tips, as well as meals others might enjoy.

Guess I shall start?

Tonights dinner is Steak, mashed taters (instant, sue me, i'm lazy, added pepper and garlic powder), and sliced tomatoes from our garden.
21469434_1603745816331649_2104124157_n.jpg

69 REPLIES 69
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@MarkJFine

Nah, I'm the slouch today.  A "Marketside New York Deli" sub from Walmart.  Had to go shopping to refill my fridge and freezer from everything I lost due to a power outage and I was too tired to cook anything.  😛

With that said, it actually wasn't all that bad of a sub. 

@GabeU wrote:

Nah, I'm the slouch today.  A "Marketside New York Deli" sub from Walmart.  Had to go shopping to refill my fridge

Dude... If you've ever had a pastrami on rye from the old Carnegie Deli, the words "New York Deli" and "Walmart" would never be in the same sentence. lol

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU

@MarkJFine wrote:

Dude... If you've ever had a pastrami on rye from the old Carnegie Deli, the words "New York Deli" and "Walmart" would never be in the same sentence. lol

Oh, trust me, I know a sub from Walmart is a far cry from any sandwich from a good shop, but I was tired.  

The best sandwich I've ever had in my life was a Smoked Meat sandwich from Schwartz's Deli in Montreal.  It was pure heaven.  Another one of them might be worth the effort of obtaining my Passport and the 400+ mile drive.  Seriously, it was THAT good.  Good enough that it's one of those life moments I will never forget.  

@GabeU wrote:

Oh, trust me, I know a sub from Walmart is a far cry from any sandwich from a good shop, but I was tired.

Really sad that Carnegie closed at the end of last year. Talk about your classic midtown NYC delicatessens. They were the benchmark.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

" If you've ever had a pastrami on rye from the old Carnegie Deli, the words "New York Deli" and "Walmart" would never be in the same sentence."

Word.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

21769227_1610881935618037_1414243948_o.jpg

Cheddar Cheese Mashed Taters with Garlic, Pepper, Basil, and a bit of salt, Ranch Pasta Salad and Salisbury Steaks..  Total cost $10, enough to feed 4-5 people, and I am the only one eating tonight... LOL

maratsade

Waste not, want not, @C0RR0SIVE. I hope you cleaned your plate!

Lazy dinner here. Pizza and salad.  And applesauce.

applesauce.jpg

GabeU

@C0RR0SIVE

Gotta love the salisbury steak.  Have some in my freezer, myself.  Good stuff!  

Wiener schnitzel uber eiernudeln mit rotkohl (ohne apfelstucke):
ya gutya gut 

GabeU

It turned out that my Salisbury Steak TV dinner was actually meatloaf, so a Stouffer's meatloaf TV dinner for tonight.  No picture needed.  LOL.   

Yeah, I'm lazy.  😛

@MarkJFine wrote:

Wiener schnitzel uber eiernudeln mit rotkohl (ohne apfelstucke):
ya gutya gut 

sehr gut Heart

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Fridays are usually scrambled egg night, but not tonight.

Tonight I sauteed sliced grape tomotoes, black olives, chopped green pepper and red onion as usual...

but added some feta, crushed black pepper and almond milk, and whisked up a frittata instead.

#WasntHard

Edit: It did need sliced shrooms, but what can you do.

IMG_0244a.jpg

Best one yet...
6 large eggs (w/ground black pepper, few swigs of almond milk, and 1/4 cup of feta),
5 sliced cherry tomatoes,

10 sliced black olives,

8 sliced green olives (w/pimientos)
chopped slice of red onion,

6 chopped slivers of green pepper,

1/4 cup of leftover spinach,

topped with cheddar while it finished under the broiler.
And yes, if I had shrooms they would be in there too (ran out).

maratsade

That looks good, Mark!

@maratsadewrote:

That looks good, Mark!

Oh it was awesome. Not sure what I did different yesterday, but it came out just like it should: Very firm but light and fluffy. Maybe I was just hungrier than usual, but it was just like an egg veggie pizza.

maratsade

They say hunger is the best sauce. 🙂

@MarkJFinewrote:

Oh it was awesome. Not sure what I did different yesterday, but it came out just like it should: Very firm but light and fluffy. Maybe I was just hungrier than usual, but it was just like an egg veggie pizza.

maratsade

No, peanuts will be there. 

@MarkJFine wrote:

@maratsade wrote:

Zoodles (zucchini noodles made with a spiralizer) pad thai. Will look something like this:

Love pad thai. Was a place in Santa Monica that's awesome. Guessing no peanuts, tho... 😔

@maratsade wrote:

No, peanuts will be there.

👏🏼👍🏼👌🏼

GabeU

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

Knorr Con Queso Rice + 1/2 cup of shreded cheddar cheese added in, and Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites.

Boneless Buffalo Chicken Bites?  BONELESS BUFFALO CHICKEN BITES?!?!?!!!!!! 

SACRILEGE!!!!

GabeU

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

No, just aint got no time for bones when im scarfing food down 🙂

giphy.gif