A short ode to Jupiter 2

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GW
Advanced Tutor

A short ode to Jupiter 2

Fly fast and fly soon. Please leave for orbit tomorrow at noon.

Fly safe and fly free. Please rain some primetime bandwidth on me.

41 REPLIES 41
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Only the areas that Jupiter 1 did not hit, or in addition to? 
gokartergo24
Tutor

In addition to.  It covers most of the Continental US.
GabeU

Ah.  That's VERY good news. 
gokartergo24
Tutor

I'm trying to find the map. I've got it somewhere..  But I have to go down south for a few days to help out another dealer. So I'll be gone.. I'll try and find it when I get back.
GabeU

That seems to be a recurring theme with you.  Always helping people.  A good quality. 
gokartergo24
Tutor

Thanks, But it is what I get paid to do. It is nice when you enjoy your job. And you get paid to do it..
GabeU

Absolutely!   And we can tell that you definitely enjoy your job very much.  Your customers are a lucky bunch.

Okay, I'll stop now.  LOL. 

GW
Advanced Tutor

Not so bad today. A little less schizo. This morning the average download was 29.9 Mbps. Tonight it was 1.8 Mbps. I bet if Hughes let about 5000 or 25,000 token buying PO'd customers on my beam quit without an ETF, I would have good performance 24/7.

Liz

Katie just texted us from her meeting with the rest of senior management... they love your ode, GW.
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

GW
Advanced Tutor

Hi Liz. I'm glad they enjoy it. I don't always manage to do it well but I try to remain positive with a little bit of humor as I illustrate problems.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

So far looks like a go on Sunday.  🙂

http://spacecoastlaunches.com/
GW
Advanced Tutor

I didn't watch the launch but in looking at the ops log I see Jupiter 2 achieved separation leaving it in the correct operational orbit.about 32 minutes after departure.

Great job Hughes. Congratulations!
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Complete timeline and video here: http://www.americaspace.com/?page_id=33925
GW
Advanced Tutor

Are they documenting the maneuvers to achieve final placement anywhere?
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Not sure. I think that whole procedure can take several weeks. Will do some searching.
GW
Advanced Tutor

I bet Miss Amanda knows 🙂
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Sure she does. And Liz, Chris to.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Here is an explanation how it all goes down. A bit like a dance that takes some time. Not like pressing the gas pedal and going for it then hitting the brakes stopping on a dime.

http://www.planetary.org/blogs/jason-davis/20140116-how-to-get-a-satellite-to-gto.html
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Satbeams shows final location as 109.1'W. for J2, but I thought  I had read 95' somewhere. Change in location or interim position?

GW
Advanced Tutor

I thought I read 95 or 97 point something.
GabeU

I missed the launch.  I completely forgot about it, then remembered it last evening.  Ugh! 

I'm certainly glad that everything went to plan thus far. 

There are a few decent, short videos of the launch on YouTube.