ACCESS DENIED

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DEBPOSTON
Junior

ACCESS DENIED

You don't have permission to access on this server.

I cannot get on this website since 4 days  ago.  I can get on it at my workplace and on my mobile data for my cell phone. when I put my cell phone on the hughesnet wifi I get the same access denied.  I have tried unplugging the modem and waiting at least 15 minutes to no avail, unplugging all cords and the electricity too.  I still cannot get on the website I need to do work with at home.  Please help in any way possible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DEBPOSTON
Junior

When I got home tonight I clicked on the icon to my web sight and it came up perfect!  Some of you must have fixed it!  Thanks so much.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Do you normally get on the website using a browser? If so, have you tried using incognito mode and seeing whether that makes a difference?

Do you have ad blockers? Sometimes those can block access to websites. Try turning off the ad blocker if you have one and see if that makes a difference.

Have you restarted your devices? Do all your devices have the latest updates?

Have you done a power cycle of your modem?

You may also have a DNS issue. To clear possible DNS issues, do this:

1. Turn off all of the devices using the modem (all phones, iPads, computers, etc.)

2. Unplug the modem's power from the wall socket.

3. Wait a minute, then plug the modem back in.

4. Wait about 5 minutes after all the lights on the modem are back on, then turn all your devices on one-by-one.

@DEBPOSTON wrote:

You don't have permission to access on this server.

I cannot get on this website since 4 days  ago.  I can get on it at my workplace and on my mobile data for my cell phone. when I put my cell phone on the hughesnet wifi I get the same access denied.  I have tried unplugging the modem and waiting at least 15 minutes to no avail, unplugging all cords and the electricity too.  I still cannot get on the website I need to do work with at home.  Please help in any way possible.

I tried everything on your list and I still cannot get to this website.

DEBPOSTON
Junior

I sure will try this tonight when I get home and thank you so much.

DEBPOSTON
Junior

I tried but it still wont let me get to this website.  Still saying access denied.

maratsade

OK; hopefully the reps here (@Liz , @Remy , @Damian)  will get back to you with more troubleshooting steps. They can also run remote diagnostics to see if they see anything wrong with the equipment.  When you're home, check your system status here: http://192.168.0.1/#!/usage   Look for the system state code at the top and please report what the code is. It should be 0.0.0, but it could be something else and that code can give a clue about what's going on.

@DEBPOSTON wrote:

I tried but it still wont let me get to this website.  Still saying access denied.

Okay I will and thank you so much.

DEBPOSTON,

Thank you for reaching out! We'd definitely like to find out what's going on here. I pulled up your account to do some diagnostics, but it appears we don't currently have communication with your modem! When you get home, please do as maratsade suggested and attempt to locate the state code as listed above.

Thanks,

Remy

Thanks I will.  I did leave my modem unplugged the morning to try getting it back up tonight. Hopefully you can do the diagnostics tonight or tomorrow if I cannot get it working again.  Thanks so much.

The State code is 0.0.0  I still cannot get on the website here but I can at my workplace.  If I use wifi out here on my tablet I cannot get to the website either, but if I turn off wifi and use mobile date I can get on the web site.  I'm at a loss here. Any more ideas to try?  Thank you so much for all your help so far.

The State code is 0.0.0  I still cannot get on the website here but I can at my workplace.  If I use wifi out here on my tablet I cannot get to the website either, but if I turn off wifi and use mobile date I can get on the web site.  I'm at a loss here. Any more ideas to try?  Thank you so much for all your help so far.

GabeU

@DEBPOSTON 

It's possible that the website is blocking access from HughesNet users, for whatever reason.

Hopefully Remy will be able to get to the bottom of it.  Going forward, I would leave the modem plugged in.  This way it can keep a running tally of logs that might assist Remy or other HughesNet reps in determining the cause of the problem.  Unplugging it purges the logs, so at least for now I'd leave it plugged in.  The reps may effect a reboot remotely, however, when they're running their diagnostics or as a form of troubleshooting.

maratsade

"It's possible that the website is blocking access from HughesNet users, for whatever reason."

@GabeU , I may be totally wrong, but I think the  website the OP can't get on from home is this one, the HN community.  

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

"It's possible that the website is blocking access from HughesNet users, for whatever reason."

@GabeU , I may be totally wrong, but I think the  website the OP can't get on from home is this one, the HN community.  

I thought that at first too, but then read the following in the original post...

"I still cannot get on the website I need to do work with at home."

I could be wrong, but I think it's a work related website.  

maratsade

@GabeU , I think you're totally correct. 

@GabeU wrote:

@maratsade wrote:

I thought that at first too, but then read the following in the original post...

"I still cannot get on the website I need to do work with at home."

I could be wrong, but I think it's a work related website.  

I have always been able to get to the website for many years at my home until last week. I can access it on my tablet when I turn off the Wifi from the modem.

GabeU

@DEBPOSTON 

For the sake of clarity, is it THIS website you're not able to access, as in the HughesNet Support Community, or some website you're trying to use for work?  

Yes it is.

A web site that I use for Work at our office

maratsade

Can you access other things on the web?

@DEBPOSTON wrote:

A web site that I use for Work at our office

Yes everything but the one I we are talking about.  I just don't get it. I have racked my brain silly.