cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Known Gateway Issues In ELP TX? Frequently Loosing Association

Highlighted

Re: Any Known Gateway Issues In ELP TX? Frequently Loosing Association

Hi cybo54,

You're within warranty, so there's no charge for this site visit. It's currently scheduled for Monday, Apr 17, 2017 between 11:00 AM-02:00 PM. You don't have to worry about not rebooting, you can if you need to. We won't need to look at logs for now. Please let me know how the site visit goes and if the issue persists afterwards!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
Junior

OK, thanks Liz!

So, what do you think the issue might be, modem or radio?

And thank you again for the quick replies and helping to hopefully solve this!  At first I thought we could deal and it was a minimal issue, but it kept getting more frequent and prolonged so we had to reach out.

I'll reboot the modem now then, maybe that will fix the problem?  If it does seem to fix it, which I may not know for sure until over the weekend, what should we do Monday?

Highlighted

You're welcome, cybo54. It's a little bit of both, haha. I'm having the modem and radio replaced, as well as making sure your dish is re-peaked for optimal signal, so let's stick to having the tech do that on Monday. Smiley Happy

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
Junior

Ahh, OK then, sounds like best plan no matter what! 

We do have good signal strength now, at least I think, usually between 112-118 so I thought they initially set it up pretty good. 

OK, well I will let you know how things go after the replacements get put in.  Thanks again, and I hope you have a great Easter weekend!

Highlighted

Thanks, you too! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Junior

Hi Liz,

I know you're not here, and I know you said go ahead with the switch out no matter what, but I wanted to give todays update anyway.

No issues today, especially when expected like normally the past 3-5 days starting right at 1-2PM (Possibly earlier but I never get online before then). I looked at the state code summary too since reboot and nothing at all except 12.1.9 for 2979 seconds at 3.55%. So it's possible that it simply needed a reboot, but I guess issues like that shouldn't be compounded and more frequent like that just because it hasn't been rebooted. So maybe that in itself is an issue, maybe not and just needed rebooted can be normal? I supposed it's not expected that we have to reboot every week or three, but maybe it should be the suggested norm?

Of course, once I reach out and you put in a truck roll the issue goes away. I think the reboot fixed it, but didn't want to do that before so you could see the state codes built up.

Will add in an update tomorrow as well.

Highlighted
Junior

Update for Sunday - same as yesterday, I think a reboot fixed whatever the problem was unless somethings changed on your end
More 12.1.9 though, now at 7505 seconds = 4.5322%

Highlighted
Junior

Waiting on the installer now.  Still no issues, and only those two things mentioned previously in the state code pages, big change from the 25-30 noted items before.

We wondered if sun glare could possibly be the cause of some of these issues?  Since Friday one of our vehicles is moved from it's previous usual location which could be glaring directly onto the dish during daytime hours and it made me wonder if maybe sun glare could have any effect on connection reliability?  I plan to test this after they redo everything today, by putting the car back and seeing if same issues pop up in next few days.

Highlighted
Associate Professor

Highlighted
Junior

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

Sunlight wont affect the signal, only high frequency radio waves would.

Thanks!  I wasn't sure and that's the only thing that changed on our end while everything magically worked over the weekend.

I did read heat from the sun can cause LBN related issues, so maybe if not the glare directly interfering the heat from the glare itself maybe making some part of the setup get too hot that was already partially going bad.

* I did just notice two more entries added into the state code logs, so maybe it just hasn't had time to build up and start causing problems again.

Both trasmit/receive related - 11.3.1 + 12.3.1 (along with now 3.5% total of 12.1.9)

I guess the uplink errors speak for themselves - thanks for getting this fixed Liz!

Uplink.png