Conection fails every few minutes using NetGear Wireless adapter

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gordon324
Freshman

Conection fails every few minutes using NetGear Wireless adapter

I just started with HughesNet a couple of weeks ago. For one of my computers, the connection stops every few minutes, so I have to manually switch between the hug2g and hug5g to reconnect. It's an old Dell 2005 XPS 400, and its network card (physical LAN connection) does not work with Windows 10, so I use a NetGear Wireless-N Dual Band adapter to connect to the Hughes modem. The NetGear adapter worked ok with Comcast but not with Hughes. My other computer is hooked up to the Hughes modem by cable, and it works fine.  

I have two questions: (1) Any suggestions about how to make my NetGear Wireless adapter's connection to Hughes more reliable, and (2) if I get a new computer to replace my old Dell, and it has only wireless LAN (no physical LAN), can I expect a better wireless connection to Hughes than I get with the NetGear Wireless adapter? That is, are wireless connections to Hughes generally ok, EXCEPT when using a NetGear Wireless adapter?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Gordon324
Freshman

Problem solved - I bought a new computer with wireless LAN built in, and so far (I've been using it for a few hours), no problem with the Hughes internet connection!  Sorry not to get here back sooner, but I was wating for the new computer to arrive.  Thanks for the responses.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Liz

Hi Gordon,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! Your post caught the eye of one of our engineers looking into this. Please tell us the driver version of your adapter so that I can pass this onto engineering.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Hi Liz,

Here's my NetGear driver info:

NETGEAR WNDA3100v3 N600 Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter
Driver Date: 12/8/2014
Driver Version: 5.1.20.0

Thanks Gordon! I've passed this over to engineering.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Gordon324

I don't know if this will help, but here's a link to the latest software for that adapter when used with Windows 10, and it mentions uninstalling previous drivers.  

https://kb.netgear.com/26795/WNDA3100v3-Software-Version-1-0-0-10

Gordon324
Freshman

Problem solved - I bought a new computer with wireless LAN built in, and so far (I've been using it for a few hours), no problem with the Hughes internet connection!  Sorry not to get here back sooner, but I was wating for the new computer to arrive.  Thanks for the responses.

Hi Gordon, thanks for keeping us updated! I'll let engineering know!