Connect Automatically

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chelle1028
New Poster

Connect Automatically

I access my computer remotely. Sometimes, I have to reboot remotely as well. After the reboot is complete, there is no connection to wi-if. I have the option checked to Connect Automatically, but that never happens. Therefore, I can no longer access remotely until I manually connect to Wi-Fi. Any way to fix this? I called tech support, but, naturally, they were no help. I got the usual “everything looks good on our end” reply.

4 REPLIES 4
GW
Advanced Tutor

Hi,

No help but some confirmation for you. I don't allow any of our wifi computers to connect automatically because of unintended consequences. I did check it out for you with my Asus laptop. I checked the box to connect automatically and then  connected to the Hughes modem 2g side . Then rebooted. It came back up reconnected to the 2g.

If there's anything else I can check for you, please let me know.

GW

Thanks for your reply.

I’ve done that several times. Still no automatic connection. 

What do you mean by “unintended consequences”?

GW
Advanced Tutor

The three windows computers on wifi have limited purposes with no need to be automatically or continually be connected to the internet. I do connect them by wifi for various tasks including security and windows updates. I always do this early in the morning when on Bonus Zone time.

Unintended consequences of allowing an automatically connected computer would include forgetting the date I allow the computers to run windows update. If this happened at the wrong time I could spend a few GB of the limited service plan data.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

That's definitely a strange issue, but it sounds like it might be more an issue with the computer itself and not the HughesNet WiFi. 

If it's a laptop, have you tried it at a different location with different internet to see if it does the same thing? Obviously, doing this with a desktop computer is a bit more challenging.