Connection drops intermittently

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lcregger
Freshman

Connection drops intermittently

For the last two months, I have been experiencing dropped connections on my Gen 5 system.  These routinely occur during the daytime:

a) after 6 a.m.

b) occur about every 5-7 minutes

c) only last about a minute or less.  

d) rebooting the modem has NO effect. 

While it is a nuisance while working on the internet, it makes my telephone next to useless.  Once the sat connection is dropped, the phone goes dead interupting any conversations in progress.

Any ideas to correct this would be greatly appreciated!!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi lcregger,

Thank you for your patience while the engineers investigated your case. They would like to get a hold of your modem and ATA for debugging, as they aren't able to reproduce the same issue on their lab equipment. I will have replacement equipment shipped at no cost to you, but I will also email you special return labels so that our engineers get your equipment.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

Good morning lcregger,

I see the equipment arrived at your location last week. Have you been able to give them a spin?

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29

Sounds good! I'll let the engineers know. They'll reach out to you tomorrow at 2 pm ET.

Hi lcregger,

Thank you for your patience while the engineers investigated your case. They would like to get a hold of your modem and ATA for debugging, as they aren't able to reproduce the same issue on their lab equipment. I will have replacement equipment shipped at no cost to you, but I will also email you special return labels so that our engineers get your equipment.

Sounds good.......

Good morning lcregger,

I see the equipment arrived at your location last week. Have you been able to give them a spin?

Yes everything is/was working fine!  The old units have been returned and you can close everything out now!

Thanks for your assistance!

That's great to hear! I bet he engineers can't wait to check out the returning equipment especially now that I know the issues aren't persisting on your replacement equipment. Did you use the shipping labels I emailed to your gmail account for the returning equipment?

Thank you again for your time and cooperation, we really appreciate your help.

Hi lcregger,

The tracking numbers on the shipping labels I e-mailed you seem to indicate that nothing using those labels have been shipped. If you used other labels, please send me the tracking for those so we can get a hold of your old equipment for engineering to debug.

I used the two labels included with the new equipment to return the old equipment.  Unfortunately I do not have those numbers as my UPS delivery man did not provide me with a  receipt. 

Larry

Thanks for the clarification, Larry.