Data Tokens

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GeneHagberg
Freshman

Data Tokens

I have 144.2gb of unused data tokens that I purchased, and would like to receive a refund for them.

Back during the Christmas holidays, HughesNet had a sale on data tokens; buy 5gb for $15 and receive 3gb free. That reduced the cost to $1.875 per gb. I don’t remember the exact amount, but I purchased over $300 worth of data tokens. At that time, I was typically using more than my 20gb monthly allowance. Now, I find that I don’t usually use my entire data allowance, and I could use the money.

The value of the remaining data tokens is approximately $270. Since these data tokens have not been used, and probably will never be used. Please consider my request for a refund.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Good morning all,

Once tokens are applied to an account, they cannot be taken back. We don't refund tokens. Your feedback has been discussed and sent up for consideration, thank you!

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

GeneHagberg wrote:

I'm not sure of your ability to comprehend the contract terminology

emoji-LOL2.png

GabeU

@GeneHagberg wrote:

6.4 UNUSED DATA TOKENS.

You agree that any Data Tokens you may have purchased, or which may been provided to you free of charge, have no intrinsic value if you are no longer a HughesNet Subscriber. Thus, any value associated with any such tokens will lapse at the time of termination of your Service. 

Nowhere in the subscriber agreement does it state that "intrinsic value" of data tokens means monetary value.  Intrinsic value can simply mean in relation to itself and/or in relation to what it represents.  In this case that's data, and that value ends when your service ends.

The bottom line is, data tokens are non refundable.

The only reason I am participating in this forum is because the HN Customer Service rep on the phone said that was the only way to get an "official" answer from HughesNet management.  Does anyone in this discussion actually represent HughesNet management, or are all of you just wanna be Professors? My guess is wanna be's. Bye now!

Think you got the official answer from a moderator, about 6 repeated posts from you ago.

Ta...

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

Yep. This thread should be closed, as the question was answered multiple times, including by a HN corporate rep.  (And the lack of understanding of system-given labels is hilarious).

@MarkJFine wrote:

Think you got the official answer from a moderator, about 6 repeated posts from you ago.

Ta...

Good morning all,

Once tokens are applied to an account, they cannot be taken back. We don't refund tokens. Your feedback has been discussed and sent up for consideration, thank you!

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Another issue with your statement: There is no intrinsic value to the tokens, so you can't "redeem their value". That is taken out of context. The statement is: "no intrinsic value If you are no longer a HughesNet Subscriber". I am a current subscriber. So They do have value, that I can redeem.

maratsade

They do not refund tokens. 

GabeU

@GeneHagberg 

Just as there is nothing that says data tokens are not refundable while you are still a customer, there is nothing that says that they are.

Token sales are final.  There are no refunds.

@maratsade 

It will be absolutely hilarious when he finds out you're a lawyer.

Before he was just belligerent. Then he can be a belligerent person with egg on his face.

Maybe he can hire you to take his case (if he had one).

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.