Email wants me to sign into Zimbra??

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elkcity
Freshman

Email wants me to sign into Zimbra??

I'm suddenly being asked to sign into Zimbra once I click on email from the myhughes page. I see this was an issue a few years back for some and that is was "resolved"? What exactly was the issue???

10 REPLIES 10
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

This doesn't help you at all, I know, but I just tried logging in to my email and it worked fine for me. This will also probably not help you, but have you tried clearing the cache, cookies, and history, or using another browser, or using incognito mode? If so, does the issue persist?

elkcity_0-1702661891960.png

As you can see the url site info is correct, but this is what I get. Looks shady to me.

maratsade

I'd find this suspect too. 

elkcity
Freshman

But WHY is Zimbra there at all in place of hughes??? I clear my browser cache frequently; that is not the issue.  Usually once you sign in to myhughes you are not aske to sign in again to view email, but now it's says "sign into Zimbra". 

maratsade

That's a good question, and I wouldn't log in because you shouldn't have to because you're logged in to the site already. I hope one of the mods will chime in soon. 

GabeU

Though I could be wrong about this, I think Zimbra may be the email host they use. HOWEVER, like maratsade said, I wouldn't log into that Zimbra thing. Something's up, that's for sure. 

maratsade

I agree. I think it is their email host, but we shouldn't have to login to Zimbra. I hope a mod chimes in before the weekend.

nitaclay
Sophomore

Same with me! I was logged in, but it kicked me out and this Zimbra thing showed up. I did not log into that. What's going on?

John Malachowsk
Freshman

I am getting the same thing. I also cannot get into my email at all, and Outlook 2016 keeps rejecting my login in.

Damian

@elkcity

Thank you for posting and I am sorry to see this. Currently this is not a widespread issue and is able to be resolved by changing browsers, clearing cache, cookies, and history. To confirm, Zimbra is indeed our official email host and is not anything shady. While I do not advise logging into it, no harm would come from it expect for an invalid login message as you do not have access to the email host account.  -Damian