Gen5 Down on Beam 81?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cybercycle1
Junior

Gen5 Down on Beam 81?

It appears HughesNet may be down on beam 81.  Went down within the last 60 minutes.  No weather issues here and signal strength on my Gen5 system was running about 109 at the time.  Anybody else having an issue?

Distinguished Professor IV

@cybercycle1

Your Gateway city, North Platte, NE, is having severe thunderstorms at this time.  Your outage is most likely due to that weather.  

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@cybercycle1

Your Gateway city, North Platte, NE, is having severe thunderstorms at this time.  Your outage is most likely due to that weather.  

Thanks GabeU, that is probably what is going on as the system went active just now.  Even signal strength is at 123!

@cybercycle1

You're welcome.  Glad it's back up and running.   It looks like they have a smaller line that is going to hit them in a little bit, so it might go down temporarily again, but hopefully not.    

@GabeU wrote:

@cybercycle1

You're welcome.  Glad it's back up and running.   It looks like they have a smaller line that is going to hit them in a little bit, so it might go down temporarily again, but hopefully not.    

Thanks for the "heads-up". If it goes down again, I'll give it some time for the storm to pass.  My cell phone hotspot is a useful backup.  

Don't know where your beam goes through but my Gen 4 gateway was down for a bit because of severe weather. I'm beam 36 going through North Platte, NE.

EDIT: Typing while Gabe posted.