cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bugman2112
Sophomore

HT2000W Modem Help

Hello,

How can I get a replacement HT2000W modem?

This weekend, I noticed the WiFi was no longer broadcasting.

I attempted to do a hard reset several time.

I also directly connected my laptop via ethernet cable.

Nothing.  Maybe a power surge or somehting took it out.

What is the quickest way to get a replacement? Will I need a visit also to get it configured, or can I be walked through that?

Thanks,

Brian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Modem arrived today.

Plugged in, followed directions.

Everything seems fine and back to normal.

Thank You

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Bugman2112
Sophomore

Hello,

How can I get a replacement HT2000W modem?

This weekend, I noticed the WiFi was no longer broadcasting.

I attempted to do a hard reset several time.

I also directly connected my laptop via ethernet cable.

Nothing.  Maybe a power surge or somehting took it out.

What is the quickest way to get a replacement? Will I need a visit also to get it configured, or can I be walked through that?

Thanks,

Brian

Hello Bugman2112,

I'm currently running diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment and attempting to troubleshoot it to restore functionality. If we do need to replace the modem, I can put that order in for you. The replacement process is just as easy as plugging in the new modem. 

Thanks,

Amanda

Hi Bugman2112,

I've done some adjustments to the modem in hopes that this gets you back up and running. Can you test out your connectivity?

Thanks

Amanda

Hello, just got back home from work.

Tested everything out and the problem still remains.... No broadcasted WiFi signal to connect to, or ethernet network either.

All the front panel lights are on, except for the LAN.

Thanks,

Brian

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Bugman2112 

The following is only concerning the "hard reset" you mentioned and is only for future reference...  

If by "hard reset" you mean resetting the modem by using the reset button on the back, please be very careful.  Performing a modem reset, especially if it's done in the the wrong way, can cause more harm than good, so it's best to only perform such if instructed to by a HughesNet rep.

Amanda, can you let me know if there is anything I need todo and/or how to porceed with getting a replacement?

Thanks,

Brian

Hi Bugman2112,

I've placed an order for a replacement and it should be there in 1-2 business days, free of charge. I will also be sure to add a credit to your account for time without service. In the meantime, you can find the replacement guide here: https://support.hughesnet.com/sites/support.hughesnet.com/files/inline-files/1041317-0001_d.pdf

Awesome, thanks for your quick help.

-Brian

Modem arrived today.

Plugged in, followed directions.

Everything seems fine and back to normal.

Thank You