Hughes Net - feels no obligation to Customer Satisfaction

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wjb1031
New Poster

Hughes Net - feels no obligation to Customer Satisfaction

My modem stopped working correctly and therefore my wireless router does not work. Hughes Net refusing to take responsibility for a new modem unless I upgrade at higher costs.  Anyone else having issues with Gen 4 modem?  I’ve purchased a new router, still not working.  Connected directly to my laptop - still, the modem does not work. Yet - if I upgrade for more $$$$, they feel it will work.

Not happy with the lack of empathy this company is showing when I have to work from home via the internet.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Given how they send free techs and free modems right and left, your complaint sounds a little hollow.  And whatever issues other people may be having with their modems are irrelevant to yours, as yours is to theirs. If you would like to compare war stories, social media is the place to go; this is a tech support site so you're not in the right place. 

My understanding is anyone whose Gen 4 stops working needs to upgrade to Gen 5. It has nothing to do with how much money you pay; Gen 5 gets you a different modem than what you have now, as the technology is different . Sounds like your modem bit the big one; they won't give you another Gen 4 modem, so your choice is to upgrade or find another ISP.

Wjb1031 wrote:

My modem stopped working correctly and therefore my wireless router does not work. Hughes Net refusing to take responsibility for a new modem unless I upgrade at higher costs.  Anyone else having issues with Gen 4 modem?  I’ve purchased a new router, still not working.  Connected directly to my laptop - still, the modem does not work. Yet - if I upgrade for more $$$$, they feel it will work.

Not happy with the lack of empathy this company is showing when I have to work from home via the internet.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
maratsade

Given how they send free techs and free modems right and left, your complaint sounds a little hollow.  And whatever issues other people may be having with their modems are irrelevant to yours, as yours is to theirs. If you would like to compare war stories, social media is the place to go; this is a tech support site so you're not in the right place. 

My understanding is anyone whose Gen 4 stops working needs to upgrade to Gen 5. It has nothing to do with how much money you pay; Gen 5 gets you a different modem than what you have now, as the technology is different . Sounds like your modem bit the big one; they won't give you another Gen 4 modem, so your choice is to upgrade or find another ISP.

Wjb1031 wrote:

I have an early 2013 Macbook Pro running (as of now) the latest macOS, Calatina.

The new operating system (Big Sur) comes out in October. If I want it, I have to buy a new computer because Apple won't be supporting early 2013 Macbooks anymore.

This is how the technology world works: Complaining about how insensitive Apple is won't get me a computer that they will support. Buying a new one will. 🤷🏻‍♂️

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU

@Wjb1031 wrote:

Yet - if I upgrade for more $$$$, they feel it will work. 

Because upgrading to Gen5 means it will be replaced with a Gen5 modem.