HughesNet Reps - Speed Testing Official Word

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

HughesNet Reps - Speed Testing Official Word

To help prevent any confusion, misinformation, incorrectly given speed troubleshooting steps and future disagreements, could you please verify and give official word that the required speed testing troubleshooting results for those seeking help via this support Community need to be from testmy.net and not from HughesNet's own speed test? 

Thank you.

@Amanda 

@Liz  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Great idea! Done.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
maratsade

a sticky post would be nice...

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

a sticky post would be nice...

Good idea.  🙂  

Actually, that's a great idea.  I don't know how many people are like me when it comes to support communities, but when I go to one for something I tend to peruse for a bit and search for posts that may apply to my issue or situation.  Having the speed testing protocol as a sticky post would definitely help people who do the same thing, so that when they create their post they already have a head start.  

I'd be happy to volunteer my speed testing macro for the instructions (the one I was testing earlier).  Though it's considerably longer than what's often posted, it's very thorough. If this and this, then proceed, and this is how you do it, and how you set up for it.   

maratsade

I like searching for posts too, but I find it a lot easier if policies and procedures are on sticky posts.  I think your macro's fine and maybe that's what should be added to the collection of official sticky posts under Tech Support.  I would like the post to include an official pronouncement regarding the preferred testing method for this community, so there are no misunderstandings in future. 

GabeU

Agreed.  

Great idea! Done.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

@GabeU wrote:

To help prevent any confusion, misinformation, incorrectly given speed troubleshooting steps and future disagreements, could you please verify and give official word that the required speed testing troubleshooting results for those seeking help via this support Community need to be from testmy.net and not from HughesNet's own speed test? 

Tweeeeeet!  Flag for moderator interference.  You should have just asked your question, without stating your own preverence.   Fifteen kudo penalty, replay down.   The five kudo penalty for not asking Damien is declined.  :>)>

Only following for S&G

however what is the kudos penalty for leading the witness?

Tweeeeeet!  Flag for moderator interference.  You should have just asked your question, without stating your own preverence.   Fifteen kudo penalty, replay down.   The five kudo penalty for not asking Damien is declined.  :>)>

@vladams2015 wrote:

Only following for S&G

Please refrain from the use of profanity on this forum.  :>)>

however what is the kudos penalty for leading the witness?

None!   IMO there should be a 30 kudo penalty for all personal fouls like "Unnecessary Roughness".

maratsade

Simon & Garfunkel is not profanity. Robot LOL

@gaines_wright wrote:

@vladams2015 wrote:

Only following for S&G

Please refrain from the use of profanity on this forum.  :>)>

Profanity? Can't a girl enjoy some Simon and Garfunkel while people battle ?

Glad this has finally lightened up. Life's too short for so much drama.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU

@gaines_wright wrote:

@GabeU wrote:

Considering the required information for those seeking help via this support community is already well established, all that is needed is official verification.  My concern is those seeking help from this support community, not those seeking help via phone, chat or email support, the latter three of which all start at the standard Tier 1 level of support.

And I asked the two senior corporate representative for this community, and no others, for a specific reason.  

Ten kudo penalty for "preverence".