Hughesnet Community

HughesNet did not tell me the phone line would not be compatible with my FAX line, they put me out of

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ronnie Imel

HughesNet did not tell me the phone line would not be compatible with my FAX line, they put me out of

HughesNet did not tell me the phone line would not be compatible with my FAX, I no longer have a FAX line to help the Veterans I deal with everyday. WHAT the hell?
HughesNet tells me now it is my problem to deal with. 
How can I get a FAX line without paying more money? HughesNet does not offer me any way to go or deal with this issue. I say they did not tell me to begin with, to me this is wrong doing. I am not a happy customer
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Amanda

Hello Ronnie

We've had the call reviewed and found that during the call it was not mentioned that faxing services would be required or that a fax machine would be used. I understand this is a hindrance to your work and mission so I do want to help. I can cancel just the Voice service without cancelling the internet or I can do both. Unfortunately we don't offer a traditional fax service, so with our internet the only option is either a separate land line or as BirdDog recommends, e-fax.
Please let me know what you would like to do. Any cancellations would have the early termination fees waived, of course.

Thank you
Amanda

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Ronnie Imel

The phone line you get from HughesNet is not compatible with a FAX machine
Amanda

Good morning Ronnie

Thank you for reaching out to us and I'd like to welcome you to our community. Trust me - we definitely don't want to get in the way of such noble work! I was able to locate your account as well as the sales center, and do know for sure they are trained to tell customers that fax machines will not work with our Voice service if the customer expresses they wish to use a fax line.

They also have a specific compliance guideline that the agent cannot misinform the customer regarding faxing with our service. I'll go ahead and send your information over to them so they can review your sales call. We definitely want to make sure if there is an agent out there who may be giving out incorrect information we identify them and apply coaching. 

I appreciate your patience while I wait for their response.

Thanks
Amanda

They did not tell me that a fax machine would not work. I told them I did work from the house and needed to fax. Now I am stuck with trying to figure out how to fax multiple pages (100) at a time through some other service or some other way. Not happy about this.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Doesn't fix the issue with the VoIP line not supporting FAX but there are numerous online FAX services which work great. I've used them myself. As long as you have a scanner you can scan documents and send them. You can receive documents in your email that are faxed to you and print them. They assign you a FAX phone number that feeds everything to your inbox and the people on the other end notice no difference.

Would think at least one of the service providers would give you some kind of discount for being a charitable organization especially dealing with Veterans. Could explain the situation to them.
Ronnie Imel

Thank you for getting back to me. I called many in your company for help and you did reply, thank you, the information is helpful
I don't know how long it is going to take to get this done but I will take your advice.
Please understand I am only trying to help your company when I say, I should have been advised in the beginning, not wait and find it out on my own. This has cost me time and cost my veterans I serve much aggravation as this is one of the many things I do for my veteran, the problem has gone on far to long without resolve. If I had been advised I still would have bought the system, I just would have started working on it sooner. NOT a good situation to put a disabled person such as myself and others at such a disadvantage. Thank you for helping me.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

You're welcome and I understand your frustration by not being told about no support for a FAX machine on HughesNet voice service.

I'm  a customer also and a Veteran so respect that you are helping others.

The good thing about the online solutions I mentioned is that in many cases you can do things directly on the computer and don't even have to print them. This saves paper, ink, toner and such. The cost savings may actually offset any cost for the online FAX service. Will still need a printer with a scanner as I mentioned before but pretty much makes an actual FAX machine obsolete.

Of course, will need to keep important things in files if not printed and back them up periodically. Hopefully you already have PDF viewing and editing capability as that is the best and easiest way to handle important documents.

Best of luck getting things worked out and thanks very much for what you are doing for Veterans.
Ronnie Imel

Thank you, GOOD ON YOU and YOURs RLTW
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Back at you and I wasn't anything close to being a Ranger, you have my utmost respect.

There are many but here is one example of the service I'm talking about: https://www.myfax.com/
Amanda

Hello Ronnie

We've had the call reviewed and found that during the call it was not mentioned that faxing services would be required or that a fax machine would be used. I understand this is a hindrance to your work and mission so I do want to help. I can cancel just the Voice service without cancelling the internet or I can do both. Unfortunately we don't offer a traditional fax service, so with our internet the only option is either a separate land line or as BirdDog recommends, e-fax.
Please let me know what you would like to do. Any cancellations would have the early termination fees waived, of course.

Thank you
Amanda
debbie.jean.bro
Advanced Tutor

Hi Ronnie,

Thank you for your service to our country.

Sincerely,
Debbie
Ronnie Imel

Thank you Debbie
Ronnie Imel

Thank you again for the follow up, it shows a sincerity to aid and assist and that you give a darn. That said I have still not completed my task, too much going on. I will most likely get a land line as it appears e-fax charges for each fax after a small amount of fax's, thank you for your follow up.
knerkin2
Freshman

I have used kall8.com for fax services for nearly a decade without complaints. At ledast check them out before tethering yourself to copper.
Ronnie Imel

Thank you!
Ronnie Imel

This is a copy and past before I try them.
Kall8.comKall8 Contacts & Information
Posted:    Charlie411Fraud Charges
Complaint Rating:  56  with 41 votes
Contact information:
KALL8
MiamiFlorida
United States

They claim to have a very affordable service and low monthly fee. They are complete scammers and this is exactly what they did to me. I signed up with www.Kall8.com for a 1-(800) number that I could receive local calls on in the Southern most part of Florida. What they started doing was very interesting because all of a sudden I started receiving call from all over the United States with different area codes. I never gave anyone my number so I had a good feeling it was them scamming me since each call to a voicemail will pay them about 1.00 to 10.00 per call... Well I answered alot of these calls and sure enough there was nobody on the other line... just a dead air time automated AUTODIALER... pure scam and they get away with it. the FCC should do something about that and it should be illegal. I'm pissed off so I canceled my check card and they will not receive a penny out of my last bill because of what they did to me. I hope they take me to court for this. I will ruin their reputation. What they're doing is using a phone to deduct easy money from their customer's bank accounts. I don't like scammers especially when they scam someone whos trying to save a few bucks.
Amanda

Hi Ronnie

Thanks for following up. Did you want me to cancel the voice service alone or did you still want to wait and think about it? No rush

Amanda
Ronnie Imel

Tell you the truth, I am really confused. I have been given much advice and did not understand that much of that advice is from others that are prospecting as well.
Let you know when I know. Thank you
knerkin2
Freshman

$2/month per toll free number (other than 800) and SIX POINT NINE CENTS PER MINUTE for all calls. As I said, I have used kall8 for over a decade for our business 866 number and for fax number. I have NEVER experienced what you are reporting. NEVER.