Hughesnet Email

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wgrobison1
Sophomore

Hughesnet Email

Since  the reformat of email, loading is extremely slow or  non loading .  I cannot delete or empty  trash box or spam box.   I can delete from inbox.  What am I doing wrong?

Dulcimerman

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI

i DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU DID  BUT AS OF THIS MORNING EMAIL IS LOADING NORMALLY. THANK YOU!

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
wgrobison1
Sophomore

For the techies.

I finally created a new folder in my Hughesnet email ,moved trash and spam into it , then deleted the folder.  That worked tonight, will check again in the morning. I still sometimes have very slow email load compared to other sites. It makes no difference on time of day or night, or if I am in bonus time or not.   I have cleared cache and history many times. it pops up messages " waiting for available socket" and "waiting for cache"

Good morning wgrobison1, 

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting! Is your webmail still loading slowly and showing those messages? Can you please privately message me screenshots of those messages?

Does webmail also load slowly if you check from a different device?

Do you have an estimated date of when you first noticed this?

How long does webmail take to load before completing or showing an error message?

The info above will help in case I need to escalate to our e-mail admins.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

I can delete emails ok now. It is still very slow to load email though. A white screen with a small grey square  with the spiraling arc says "loading"  , at the bottom of the screen in the left side  it will show messages " waiting for available socket" and "waiting for cache".  It will usually load on the third try

Good morning wgrobison1,

Thank you for this additional info, let me look into this for you. If you were to load webmail on your phone via a non-HughesNet connection, do you see "waiting for available socket" or "waiting for cache" messages there too?

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Thanks for clarifying. If you loaded webmail on a device using a cellular network (or any other non-HughesNet connection), do you experience the same thing?

-Liz

Hi wgrobison1,

Thank you for this info, this helps. We still need the follwing details:

Does webmail also load slowly if you check from a different device?

If you loaded webmail on a device using a cellular network (or any other non-HughesNet connection), do you experience the same thing?

Do you have an estimated date of when you first noticed this?

The info above will help in case I need to escalate to our e-mail admins.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

I first noticed problems in the  1st or 2nd week of October. I have no access from cell phone. Don't have a new oneso can't access internet from it.   I tried access from wife's computer. It's on network, has windows 10 and still has the old Hughesnet format.  It was slow but faster than when I try to access from windows 10 pro

Thanks for these additional details, this is very interesting. When you accessed webmail from your wife's PC were you logging in with the same e-mail address? I'd like to confirm that logging in with one particular e-mail address shows the updated webmail on your computer, but still shows the old webmail version when accessed from your wife's PC.

-Liz

HI

i DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU DID  BUT AS OF THIS MORNING EMAIL IS LOADING NORMALLY. THANK YOU!

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

That's excellent news! 

wgrobison1 wrote:

HI

Hi wgrobison1,

That's great to hear, thanks for letting us know! Feel free to drop by the community again if you have any other concerns.

Thanks,

Liz

Actually now that I think about it, those messages in the lower left, you mean the ones the browser is showing, like this?:

yes, that is were they show up, Lower left hand corner

Good morning wgrobison1,

Is the issue still persisting today? Are you seeing any specific error messages within webmail (not the browser status messages in the lower left corner). 

Please try clearing your browser cache and cookies, then restarting your browser to try opening webmail; let me know how that works for you.

-Liz

No specific error messages now just very slow access to Email.  Two to four minutes to load.   Most sites are just seconds to load up

maratsade

Did you try clearing your browser cache and cookies, then restarting your browser before opening Webmail?

@wgrobison1 wrote:

No specific error messages now just very slow access to Email.  Two to four minutes to load.   Most sites are just seconds to load up

I have tried many times a day to clear cache and cookies. It makes no difference, it is still extremely slow. Time of day makes no difference either, 3AM, 8AM ,noon Pm hours.!  I can bring up a dozen sites in the time it takes hughesnet email to load up.   Seems as though Hughesnet has a problem they can't solve given the number of problems with email that have been posted. I have tried to access from Community Page, Home Page and favorites bar. Its getting tiresome and frustrating. It worked fine before you  reformatted it Not usually an error message just EXTREMELY SLOW

GabeU

@wgrobison1 

Just in case it may apply, if you have any browser extensions installed try turning them off to see if it makes any difference.  If it does, you can then turn them back on, one by one, to determine which is causing the issue.

Browser extensions can sometimes cause weird issues, even to individual websites.