Hughesnet Usage Meter 6.6.0 is blank on Gen5

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lake_woman
Senior

Hughesnet Usage Meter 6.6.0 is blank on Gen5

The older version came up blank after upgrading to Gen5, so I downloaded the newest version and it is still blank.

Is this a bug that will be fixed soon?

Microsoft Surface Pro3 with Windows 10

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OK thank you for the clarification, I've let the developers know. Once I hear any news, I'll let you know.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
Liz

Hi lake_woman, 

Can you please show a screenshot of your Usage Meter? When you say it's blank, does that mean you don't see anything in the Usage Meter app or is one part of the Usage Meter blank, like below?:

Looking forward to hearing back so we can address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

The only thing that shows is the side bar for all selections.

So a blank screen appears for each selection when you click them?

Yes

Thank you, lake_woman.

Please navigate to your Windows 10 display settings: Start > Settings > System > Display

You'll see in this display setting window this option with a slider underneath: Change the size of text, apps, and other items

Please let me know to what percentage the slider is set. 

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

200%

Thank you for checking. If you slide it back down to 100%, does the Usage Meter display properly now?

Yes it does, however everything is way too teensy. I need it at 200%.

I see. Ok thank you for confirming this for me. I will let our Usage Meter developers know. A previous update to the Usage Meter was supposed to address this, where the scaling percentage should not result in blank screens.

Curious, at what point do the screens go blank? Do you see anything at 125%, 150%, 175%?

I have experimented with it and changed it up from 100% and I get to 175% and it's OK. At 200% it goes back to blank, so I went down to 175% and nothing, 150% nothing, 125% nothing, 100% nothing.

Thank you for trying this out, lake_woman, I'll let the devs know. Just to clarify, when you say that at "175% and nothing, 150% nothing, 125% nothing, 100% nothing" do you mean the screen is still blank at those resolutions? Or do you mean the Usage Meter displays properly at all those resolutions, and that 200% is the only one that shows a blank screen?

Yes, nothing means blank.

I am using usage meter 6.6.1.0 with Gen 5, Windows 10 , and get the zoomed in message. Ialso get this message with blank window with wvery usage meterfor thepast year.  I would like to try zooming out   The + and - keys do nothing.  How do I zoom out??

@cherylclarkwa wrote:

I am using usage meter 6.6.1.0 with Gen 5, Windows 10 , and get the zoomed in message. Ialso get this message with blank window with wvery usage meterfor thepast year.  I would like to try zooming out   The + and - keys do nothing.  How do I zoom out??

As Liz wrote in an earlier post in this string:

Please navigate to your Windows 10 display settings: Start > Settings > System > Display

You'll see in this display setting window this option with a slider underneath: Change the size of text, apps, and other items

OK thank you for the clarification, I've let the developers know. Once I hear any news, I'll let you know.

Thanks! You're the greatest!!!!!

Good morning lake_woman,

I just got an update regarding our progress on the magnification issue with the Usage Meter. We're still working on addressing this and we're hoping to have a new Usage Meter version soon to address this (after it's been tested). I'll keep you posted on any other updates on this as I get them.

Great!

Thanks!

@Liz wrote:

I just got an update regarding our progress on the magnification issue with the Usage Meter. We're still working on addressing this and we're hoping to have a new Usage Meter version soon to address this (after it's been tested). I'll keep you posted on any other updates on this as I get them.

Version 6.1.1 behaves differently, but I'd hardly call it "fixed".  Now it displays the following:v6.1.1v6.1.1

The message is rather vague in that it isn't clear where one would go to find the zoom controls to which it refers.  In any case, the program should handle the situation, not direct you to reconfigure your computer setup to accommodate it. 

And, please, please, please could you get them to not force a low contrast white color scheme.  It is nearly impossible for me to read.  I have to use Windows High Contrast Black color schemes to accommodate my visual impairment.  I'm sure others with visual impairments would appreciate it if this program factored in the Windows UI color scheme in use or allowed the selection of other color schemes in the program.

Oh wow. Thank you for this feedback, motobojo. Let me send your post back to the devs.