Hughesnet Usage Meter 6.6.0 is blank on Gen5

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lake_woman
Senior

Hughesnet Usage Meter 6.6.0 is blank on Gen5

The older version came up blank after upgrading to Gen5, so I downloaded the newest version and it is still blank.

Is this a bug that will be fixed soon?

Microsoft Surface Pro3 with Windows 10

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OK thank you for the clarification, I've let the developers know. Once I hear any news, I'll let you know.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

What resolution are you at...?  Certain resolutions aren't supported as the program requires a certain amount of screen space, if it can't display, it will throw that "error".  The lower the resolution, the more likely you are to encounter that.

Resolutions and Scaling
A: 1920*1080 @ 175% = Zoomed In Message
A: 1920*1080 @ 150% = Works
A: 1920*1080 @ 125% = Works
A: 1920*1080 @ 100% = Works
B: 1440*900 @ 150% = Zoomed In Message
B: 1440*900 @ 125% = Works
B: 1440*900 @ 100% = Works
C: 1366*768 @ 125% = Works
C: 1366*768 @ 100% = Works
😧 1280*1024 @ 150% = Zoomed In Message
😧 1280*1024 @ 125% = Works
😧 1280*1024 @ 100% = Works
E: 1280*720 @ 100% = Works
F: 1024*768 @ 125% = Zoomed In Message
F: 1024*768 @ 100% = Works
G: (For fun!) 800*600 @ 100% = spectacular fail of everything~!

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

What resolution are you at...?  Certain resolutions aren't supported as the program requires a certain amount of screen space, if it can't display, it will throw that "error".  The lower the resolution, the more likely you are to encounter that.

Resolutions and Scaling
@A: 1920*1080 @ 175% = Zoomed In Message
@A: 1920*1080 @ 150% = Works

@1920*1080 @ 175% is what works best for my eyesight on my Microsoft Surface Pro.  Going to 150% increases eye strain for me.  So what I hear you saying is that I'm SOL relative to using the HughesNet Usage Meter tool in that environment since I'm not willing to compromise my (already challenged) eyesight in order to accommodate the limitations of the HughesNet Usage Meter tool.  My background is computer graphics software, so I'm pretty sure the simple act of scaling for resolution is a pretty trivial bit of coding.  Somebody has just made the (seeming arbitrary) decision that the result at the effective resolution I use is unacceptable.  I guess I'll just choose to disagree with that conclusion.  Such is life I guess.

It worked perfectly with Gen4. Therefore, it should work perfectly with Gen5. We should not have to make adjustments that will effect everything just so the meter will work.

Thank you for your continued feedback! I just got word that our Usage Meter devs are currently working on having the Usage Meter work at higher magnification settings. Once I have any other updates on this, I will post back.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

@Liz wrote:

Thank you for your continued feedback! I just got word that our Usage Meter devs are currently working on having the Usage Meter work at higher magnification settings. Once I have any other updates on this, I will post back.

That's great news. 

I hope I'm not being too needy, but it would be really nice if they could fix the color scheme stuff (as mentioned elsewhere -- honor OS's UI color scheme or allow selection of alternative, broad range of color schemes).

Totally understandable, motobojo. I've copied your feedback and sent them up as I received them.