I don’t understand the meters.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
soulbarn
Sophomore

I don’t understand the meters.

I’m a new customer. My daily usage graphs show, for example, that yesterday I downloded 8gb and uploaded 2gb. Other days (this is our fifth day) show downloads ranging from 2gb to 10gb, and uploads at 1 to 3gb.

But my usage meter consistently shows 100% or 99% of both daytime and anytime data left.

I don’t get it. Why is my usage not registering?

(And yeah, I know that with those rates, even w a business 100/50gb plan, we will be running out too quickly. Have to change some habits.)

As an aside, I am totally impressed with the speed of the connection. I’ve done four video conferences this week with no problems whatsoever, and we are coming from a 300Mbps cable connection at our old place.

But please explain the conflicting meters....

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

For the first 20 days new customers get basically unlimited allowance to update devices and such, the meters will reset daily. After that, they will start working normally. Be sure to check the meters daily though so you don't get caught unaware when the usage starts counting.

You should have gotten an email explaining this but I'm sure many people miss it. And yea, you really need to get things under control as your data won't last long at all with use like that when metering kicks in.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

For the first 20 days new customers get basically unlimited allowance to update devices and such, the meters will reset daily. After that, they will start working normally. Be sure to check the meters daily though so you don't get caught unaware when the usage starts counting.

You should have gotten an email explaining this but I'm sure many people miss it. And yea, you really need to get things under control as your data won't last long at all with use like that when metering kicks in.