Hughesnet Community

Internet Down--System, Receive and Transmit lights out...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WGGNS
Freshman

Internet Down--System, Receive and Transmit lights out...

My internet has been down for awhile now & my modem lights are on except for system, receive & transmit. Given HughesNet is very short handed right now & won't answer my calls or emails, could someone here help get it back up & running? Also, when we are on a device, you can see both the 2G & the 5G networks & you can connect to either one of them but the internet is not working. I have re-booted the modem multiple times. Any help is appreciated! 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Thanks for the update WGGNS, what I'll do is set up a complimentary dispatch and have the locally assigned dealer reach out so you two can arrange the best appointment time. We'll get you back online!

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

Thank you Liz!! A service technician came out yesterday to get us back up and running. We are now good! 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Hang in there; the reps here are up to their eyebrows in alligators, but someone will get back to you, hopefully today or tomorrow.

WGGNS wrote:

My internet has been down for awhile now & my modem lights are on except for system, receive & transmit. Given HughesNet is very short handed right now & won't answer my calls or emails, could someone here help get it back up & running? Also, when we are on a device, you can see both the 2G & the 5G networks & you can connect to either one of them but the internet is not working. I have re-booted the modem multiple times. Any help is appreciated! 

Thank you for the reply! I have literally called them everyday for 9 days in a row now and nothing. I have also sent 4 emails with no reply and tried to get on chat every other day. I have also contacted the company that HughesNet contracts to do service work in our area, but they told me there was absolutely nothing they could do without a work order being issued from HughesNet. At this point, I'd be willing to go through training to learn how to fix it myself if I could! 

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

they are really overwhelmed by the whole situation, so it's hard to get through, though it may be possible to get through early in the morning.  I think your best chance is here, though.  

"I'd be willing to go through training to learn how to fix it myself if I could! "

LOL.  I've thought this a few times, not recently, but WAY back when I had DirecWay and it was a tad wonky. I kept thinking if they'd send me some instructions I'd try to fix it myself. 🙂   Thank goodness things are 100000% better these days. 

Hi WGGNS, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

I can certainly help get you back online. First let's see if a modem swap will do the job. Please expect the replacement soon; you can use its box to return the old modem. For your convenience, the return label is included in the outer pouch. 

Let me know how the new modem works out for you!

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Thank you Liz! We do not have a mailbox at the service address so please ensure it is shipped to our billing address. You may reach me at my email address on file if you need to confirm. Thanks again!! 

We received a new modem but the system, transmit and receive lights are all still out. We are going to need a service call--any ideas on how to make that happen?? After almost 2 weeks, I'm still not able to get anyone from HughesNet to contact me other than Liz on this thread. Thank you Liz for trying!! 

Thanks for the update WGGNS, what I'll do is set up a complimentary dispatch and have the locally assigned dealer reach out so you two can arrange the best appointment time. We'll get you back online!

-Liz

Thank you Liz!! A service technician came out yesterday to get us back up and running. We are now good! 

Good morning WGGNS,

That's fantastic! Happy to see you're back online. I appreciate the update. Feel free to drop by the community again if you have any other concerns.

Thanks,

Liz