Hughesnet Community

Internet on and off for 5 hours-system light off. Already unplugged several times. Suggestions?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anneginmo
Freshman

Internet on and off for 5 hours-system light off. Already unplugged several times. Suggestions?

Hello, we have a newer modem that replaced our old failing model several months ago. Our internet has been spotty all morning. No internet and no phone service.

I am on hold with customer support.

I've unplugged from the wall, turned on and off. 

When it's not working the system light is off.

Right now, it is working but I am assuming it will be back down shortly.

What else can I do?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

@anneginmo 

The phone reps are your best choice during the weekend. The corporate reps on this site won't be back until Monday, and if your issue persists, may want to look into it.  For that, you will need to leave your modem plugged in, so they can access it remotely to determine what might be going on with it and decide on next steps.  I hope the phone reps can help you, so you can get this solved faster. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

@anneginmo 

The phone reps are your best choice during the weekend. The corporate reps on this site won't be back until Monday, and if your issue persists, may want to look into it.  For that, you will need to leave your modem plugged in, so they can access it remotely to determine what might be going on with it and decide on next steps.  I hope the phone reps can help you, so you can get this solved faster. 

GW
Advanced Tutor

Sometimes it helps to disconnect power and then disconnect the coax for a few.

anneginmo
Freshman

Thank you! There was actually an outage in my area that a phone rep called back and told me about.

I had to reset my wifi connections and password and then everything was up and running after they did their diagnostic testing on my modem.