Hughesnet Community

Jupiter Upgrade Issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roadrunr

Jupiter Upgrade Issues

We went for the Hughes advert regarding latest Jupiter upgrade, not much improvement in performance, $160 fee for install and 24 month more contract. Ok, we did get another 100 gigs of data in the plan that we dont actually need. Our experience with contracted installers is not pleasant, one guy kept chanting “ please dont fall, please dont fall’ as he climbed ladder, the latest Jupiter upgrade guy came on a rainy day, the new supplied dish is larger than the old one and the tube arm not long enough to get it far enough off building to point correctly, so he just hooked it up to our smaller older dish. Didnt reconnect the ground wire either thank you, its just hanging. I did insist he leave the new larger dish…. question: do we need the larger dish for this new system to function properly and if so, can I install/point it myself using a satellite finder app on my phone? Hughes says we have to pay another $150 to get another installer to come out and sort out what they should have done in the first place! I can fab a new longer tube arm and braces to get bigger dish off house far enough. Any advice or experience appreciated! Thanks from Vermont!

2 REPLIES 2
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I think you do need the larger dish with the new system.  I personally wouldn’t install/point the dish myself; it may void warranties and other stuff. Check the subscriber agreement.   Also, I suggest you wait until the HughesNet corporate reps on this site see your post next week, as they may have solutions for you. 

Remy

roadrunr,

Thanks for reaching out! It seems this is your first posts here. Welcome to the Community! We'd love to help take a look into this for you, but I was unable to locate your account through your Community profile. Please send us a private message at the link provided below with your account number or a phone number attached, so we can take a deeper dive into this for you!

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/102584

Thanks,

Remy