Network light out no internet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adamsfamily
New Poster

Network light out no internet

Our internet will not work. Rebooted it. Unplugged it. Network light still out. Internet not working. :((((
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Liz

Hello Adamsfamily,

Thank you for reaching out. Your best option is to please call 800.347.3272 for support. This community is geared towards our residential customers; the moderators have limited capabilities with business (SME) accounts. We appreciate your understanding.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Hang in there until the HN reps on this site come back tomorrow. They can run remote diagnostics on your modem to see what's going on. 

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

They can run remote diagnostics on your modem to see what's going on.

Are the reps working at the office or are they working remotely from home?

maratsade

I believe that either way they have access to software to run diagnostics, but they may clarify this tomorrow. An alternative for the OP is to call or chat and get a diagnostic that way. 

Reggie wrote:

They can run remote diagnostics on your modem to see what's going on.

Are the reps working at the office or are they working remotely from home?

It says System under the light that’s out. Now Hughesnet is now trying to charge me $200 to come out to fix it. Unbelievable!!!!! Absolutely horrible customer service.

Nobody reaching out to help. This is absolutely absurd.

It can take upto 48 business hours before you receive a reply from a Hughesnet Rep since your initial posting.

You have stated you have a statecode of 12.7.1, tons of things can cause this, so just wait a little bit till a Hughesnet Rep can look into your account and perform diagnostics.

elmiracat
New Poster

Have you tried to troubleshoot the problem? Which Windows and router do you have?

maratsade

If the lights are all out it's probably an issue with the dish or the modem itself. 

elmiracat wrote:

Have you tried to troubleshoot the problem? Which Windows and router do you have?

Tried unplugging modem to reset. Still system light out.

Yes I have. It’s Mac laptop.
GabeU

@Adamsfamily 

Have you tried power cycling your modem?  That's unplugging it at the wall outlet or power pack, waiting for at least 30 seconds, then plugging it back in.  Then wait for at least five minutes before trying any online activity.  

If you have and it's still not working, and if you're able to get to this modem page with a LAN cable connected device...

1.  What do you see listed for a State Code near the top?  Both the number and the description.

2.  On the same page, what do you see listed for your Satellite Receive Signal Strength on the bottom left?  

3.  On the same page, what do you see for your IPGW Gateway Association State string in the middle.  It should start with either J1 or J2.

State code is 12.7.1
Satellite Receive Status is Up
Summary Operational State Down
TCP Acceleration Down
Liz

Hello Adamsfamily,

Thank you for reaching out. Your best option is to please call 800.347.3272 for support. This community is geared towards our residential customers; the moderators have limited capabilities with business (SME) accounts. We appreciate your understanding.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!