No attachment tab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DebiLynne
Freshman

No attachment tab

Why does my email not have an attachment tab when I compose an email?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Good morning DebiLynne,

I appreciate your patience while I looked into this for you. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, currently the only way to add attachments is via desktop webmail. If you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out again.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

No tab but you should have these two ways:

Capture.PNG

DebiLynne
Freshman

My page does not look like that. It has 5 tabs, an envelope, a head, a calender, a folder and the looking glass.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@DebiLynne 

Can you post a snapshot of what you're seeing?  Also, what browser are you using?  

maratsade

Looks like you're using the browser on your phone.  I tried it on my phone and I see the same thing you see.  I couldn't find a way to add attachments either....maybe someone else here (subscriber or mod) who knows how to do this will chime in....

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

In the pull down settings for Chrome (upper right) set it to show the Desktop version of page. See if that works.

maratsade

On my iPhone the settings are at the bottom, represented by 3 dots. When clicking that, there's the option to "Request desktop site."  When I do that, it takes me to myHughesNet.  I tap "My Email" but it does nothing except continue to display the myHughesNet splash page. 

Good morning DebiLynne,

Thanks for posting and working with the community so far. I'm able to reproduce what you're seeing and am not seeing a way to add attachments via mobile. I'm checking with out e-mail admins if there's a way or if the only option is via desktop. I'll let you know once I find out. 

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Good morning DebiLynne,

I appreciate your patience while I looked into this for you. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, currently the only way to add attachments is via desktop webmail. If you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out again.

I'm not even sure how adding attachments from a phone/tablet via web-based would even work, seeing how the concept of a local file system capability is relatively new for those devices. Plus, I'm sure that Android works different than iOS, which also works different from Windows... so, not shocked it's not supported yet for the mobile site.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.