Hughesnet Community

No longer receiving Community email notifications...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

No longer receiving Community email notifications...

@Remy 

Like @maratsade, I have now stopped receiving Community notifications to my hughes.net email.  They worked up until yesterday morning (Saturday 8/29).  Since then I should have received well over a dozen, and I've gotten nothing. 

I sent a couple of emails to my hughes.net email address from my Gmail and MSN accounts to ensure it's still working, and I received both.   Just no Community notifications anymore.

I'll try toggling my settings, but I doubt that's going to make a difference.

@Liz @Damian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OK! @maratsade @GabeU can you please let me know if you're getting the notification e-mails now?

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
Liz

Good morning Gabe, 

Thanks for letting me know, let me send this over as well. I'll keep you updated.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

GabeU

Thanks Liz.  😊

GabeU

@Liz 

Just curious if there was any kind of update on this.

Not sure if it is related, but I got an email yesterday about activity on a thread that I had previously posted on.  The latest activity was 3 days prior so it did make it through, but it took awhile.

maratsade

No community notifications for me since 26 July. 😞

Ha, ironically I got the notification of your reply on this thread almost instantly based on the timestamps.  So, at least it isn't system wide, though that doesn't help you any...

Do your settings here: https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-subscriptions:email-subscriptions  seem to still be right?

maratsade

LOL! Glad it's working for someone.  

The settings are fine -- I even reset them a couple of times. Nothing has worked, so waiting for the techs to figure out what's going on. 🙂

GabeU

@Michael57 wrote:

Do your settings here: https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-subscriptions:email-subscriptions  seem to still be right?

Yep.  I've even toggled and reset them multiple times in an attempt to kick start the notifications, but nothing's worked.  It also shows that I'm subscribed to all of the topics I should be.  

Everything was fine, even after maratsade had been having the same problem for quite some time, then one day... poof.

maratsade

Must be a virus. Contagious.  😜

@GabeU wrote:

Everything was fine, even after maratsade had been having the same problem for quite some time, then one day... poof.

Yeah, I figured that your settings were probably fine, it was a bit of hail mary. 

It is interesting that you two probably would be getting the most email notifications of anyone, it could be a coincidence, or maybe you hit the cap Smiley LOL

Good morning folks, 

The e-mail admins are still investigating. 😕

-Liz

Good morning @GabeU @maratsade 

Have either of you gotten any forum notifications lately? 

-Liz

maratsade

Nope.  I sometimes get tests emails from Zimbra and others, but no community notifications.    😕

Email sent to my Webmail works just fine (knock on wood).  What doesn't work is community notifications (such as kudos, mentions, replies, etc.).  No notifications since 26 July. Smiley Sad

@Liz wrote:

-Liz

GabeU

@Liz wrote:

Good morning @GabeU @maratsade 

-Liz

Nothing here.  I also made sure to check on the HughesNet email site itself, as I have all hughes.net emails forwarded to my MSN mail.  There was nothing there.

OK thanks for your confirmtion as well Gabe, I'll let them know!

-Liz

OK! @maratsade @GabeU can you please let me know if you're getting the notification e-mails now?

-Liz

maratsade

Yes! Huzzah! 🙂

@Liz wrote:

OK! can you please let me know if you're getting the notification e-mails now?

-Liz

GabeU

@Liz 

Thank you, thank you, thank you to whoever fixed this, and thank YOU, Liz, for getting them to do so!

It was nice signing on and seeing replies in my email again.  😊😊😊😊😊 

WOOO alright thank you for the confirmation, you're very welcome. Glad we all got this resolved for you! Have a great weekend!

-Liz

GabeU

@Liz wrote:

WOOO alright thank you for the confirmation, you're very welcome. Glad we all got this resolved for you! Have a great weekend!

-Liz

You too!  🙂