Not happy at all.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoeMan
New Poster

Not happy at all.

I've had it a month, not at all what the saleman told me it would be. This is not right, was not told there would be data limits like this, was also told the plan he set me up would be plenty of data, not even close. Can't even hook my XBox up to it without running out of data for just turning it on, lame! Pathetic, total ripoff! I'm beyond mad!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi JoeMan,

Good news! We got a very quick turnaround on the sales call review request for you. While there was no discussion around a "free month" on the sales call, the sales rep did not properly set expectations regarding the monthly data allowance, and for that I do apologize. That sales rep will be coached to meet our normal standards. Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention so we can improve our service to others!

Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Liz

Hi JoeMan,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. We can certainly look into requesting your sales call for review to determine whether the sales rep set the appropriate expectations. I'll post back once I get the results. Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Yes we would like to cancel, the first free month worked flawlessly. Now after that first month ended nothing but problems, it's not worked more than it has worked. When it does work it eat's up data even when we have devices turned off. This is not what we wanted and we are just about fed up with this. We are not downloading movies just surfing the web, basic stuff. We even upgraded to the 20GB plan from the 10GB plan and I don't think it will be enough. It's also slow. I'm a computer tech and I've never seen such terrible service. I feel I was lied to, this is not right!

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@JoeMan 

Just for reference, there is no "free month" with HughesNet.   

With this said, during your first twenty days of service your monthly data allotment is reset on a continual basis.  This is done as a courtesy, in order to allow new customers to update/upgrade their devices to current, which can use a lot of data if said devices haven't been connected in a while.  Once the initial twenty days are over the data resets stop and data usage starts being tallied like normal, which means that the monthly data allotment would only need to last for the remaining ten or eleven days of that data month.  This is probably why you had no issues during that first month, whereas the during following month(s) you probably ran out of data and your speed was throttled.

If you end up remaining with HughesNet, many of us would be happy to help you figure out what it is that is using all of your data, even if that happens to be the XBox.  As well, we'd be happy to help you change your device settings and choose which programs/apps to use in order to help you save data.  I don't have an XBox, but other than last month, in which I started using PlayOn Cloud and went a little nuts with downloading, I've never run out of data with my 20GB plan.  This is with keeping two W10 Pro PCs, one W8.1 PC, and one Android phone up to date.  I browse, shop, pay bills, use social media (Facebook and Twitter) and occasionally watch Youtube videos.  Again, I don't have an XBox, and it's very possible that if I did my data would not last.  Again, though, if you do stay and you would like that help, feel free to ask.  🙂  

no "free month" Well then the salesman lied then. Just proved my point.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

JoeMan wrote:

no "free month" Well then the salesman lied then. Just proved my point.

He did not "prove your point."  The salesman may have lied, OR you may have misunderstood. If your sales call is still available, then the reps here can pull it to listen to it and see who said what.  That'd be evidence. 

To cancel, you will need to call 866-347-3292.

Hi JoeMan,

Good news! We got a very quick turnaround on the sales call review request for you. While there was no discussion around a "free month" on the sales call, the sales rep did not properly set expectations regarding the monthly data allowance, and for that I do apologize. That sales rep will be coached to meet our normal standards. Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention so we can improve our service to others!

Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.