Received a new modem, and password doesn’t work :(

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PHadsock45
Freshman

Received a new modem, and password doesn’t work :(

I received a new modem and the password on the sticker on the back does not work. I have typed it every way possible and it does not work. I’m so frustrated! I tried called for help and was on hold for 20 minutes and no one every came to the phone. I’ve been without internet for 2 weeks and not the new modem has locked me out…so upset 😢 

8 REPLIES 8
Damian

@PHadsock45,

Thank you for reaching out to us and I am very sorry this happened. We will need to view the modems password internally as the one the system shows will be the accurate one. To find the accurate password, open any browser you would like on a computer connected to your HughesNet modem directly via Ethernet cable. In the address bar at the top of the page, type in 192.168.0.1 or systemcontrolcenter.com. This will populate the control center for your modem. On the left side of the screen, click on WiFi settings and you will be prompted to type in your administrative password. Please type in 'admin' minus the quotations. In the middle of your screen, you will now see a box that houses the settings for your WiFi networks. You should be able to see a section for your password on each of the networks. You can also change the passwords here as well. If you get stuck at any point, feel free to post screenshots and we will point you in the right direction. -Damian  

Damian, is there a way to connect directly that isn’t Ethernet? I have MacBook that does not have Ethernet connection. 

@PHadsock45,

Outside of using an ethernet USB adapter or borrowing a laptop that has this connection, no. It is very rare for the password on the sticker to not be accurate and I do apologize for the inconvenience. If you are able to do either of those recommendations, that would be best as the other options would take much longer. -Damian 

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

@Damian , They can probably use an Apple ethernet adapter. They have different kinds; they work well and aren't expensive. 

I just ordered an Ethernet adapter off of Amazon, it’s to be here on Friday.

GabeU

@PHadsock45 

It's just a thought, but make sure to look closely at the password in case it has characters that could be mistaken for others. What I mean is, like a zero and O, and even worse, a 1, an I (i) and an l (L).  Things like that.

After closely examining the back of the modem, and trying every password letter and number combination I could think of, I noticed there was something not matching up with the stickers on the back of the modem/rougher. Turns out someone had stuck a new sticker over the OLD sticker on this one and the CORRECT password was underneath…..I about went insane, bought a USB connecter I didn’t need, and there’s my password hidden there the whole time. 🙄

GabeU

Oh wow. That's not good. I'm glad you were able to find it though. Still, it's curious that they would put a new sticker on it like that.

If it wasn't too expensive I'd still hang onto that USB Ethernet adapter. You never know when you might need it.