cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal of spam attacks

maratsade
Distinguished Professor III

Re: Renewal of spam attacks

I can totally understand your frustration. Changing everything to a new email account, giving people the new address, etc.,  is a lot of work and very time consuming.  

@nitaclay wrote:

Believe me, I have definitely considered getting another email! I am our church secretary, and I use my email for so much of that correspondence I really hate to change it.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@nitaclay wrote:

I don't want to change my email, but I am realizing that I may have to do something differently. Help!!!

It's a pain, no doubt.  One thing to keep in mind regarding HughesNet's email, however, is that if/when you leave HughesNet, you can't "take it with you", whereas a 3rd party provider, like Gmail, Yahoo or Outlook, isn't tied to an ISP.  HughesNet's email service ends approximately 30 days after service termination.  

I've got nothing against HughesNet's email, per se, but I always recommend something like Gmail instead. 

It's just a thought.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Liz

Good morning nitaclay,

Thank you for your patience while our e-mail folks looked into your concern. They have located and blocked the offending IPs from sending again and the issue should slacken now if not completely stop.  Please continue marking any suspicious e-mail as spam to help strengthen our spam controls.

If you have any other concerns, please feel free to reach out again.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

View solution in original post