cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kirson
New Poster

Requesting a sales call review

Re: SSID hug2g999425

Requesting a sales call review due to being mislead and to have my contract terminated without cancellation fees.

I switched service from Century Link to HughesNet, because I was having buffering issues with Century Link's 3 Mb/sec service.  Both the sales call & also the installation technician assured me that with HughesNet's 25 Mb/sec service, I would have superior service.  The sales call did not fully explain the data cap.  My understanding of data usage is from my cell phone usage ~~ that as long as I was connected to WiFi, I was NOT using data.  Today, I received a phone call from HughesNet to an email survey in which I expressed dissatisfaction with HughesNet service ~~ specifically frequent loss of WiFi connection.  I was shocked at what I learned ~~ that I used up my 10 GB/month allowance and as a result my speed decreased to less than 2 MB/sec causing the frequent loss of WiFi.  I was also shocked to learn that w/ HughesNet I consume data while WiFi connected.  This data usage while WiFi connected was not fully explained explained when I signed up for HughesNet.  This is worse service than I had with Century Link at yet a higher cost.  I learned that with HughesNet CONSTANT data usage [for email, Internet, program updates, video, ....] & if I downgraded HiDef video to std def, I'd be using ~.7 GB/hr at which rate I'd be using up my 10 GB in 12-14 hrs usage/month, or 30 min/day

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@kirson

Hello, Thank you for posting on our community, I would be happy to assist you with your concern. I understand that you feel that you were misled, so I apologize for that. I will be reviewing your account and I will send you a private message once I have come up with a resolution, please keep an eye on your inbox.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

"My understanding of data usage is from my cell phone usage ~~ that as long as I was connected to WiFi, I was NOT using data. "

If connecting through the WiFi router your ISP provides to the Internet then you are using your data, as in the HughesNet satellite data. WiFi is not the Internet, the connection to the Internet is, your ISP. HughesNet is your ISP.

WiFi is only a connection technology between devices. HughesNet is an ISP which connects you to the Internet.

EDIT: I'm a bit shocked a person does not understand the difference between WiFi and Internet connection and how they interact but is the world we live in.

@kirson

Hello, Thank you for posting on our community, I would be happy to assist you with your concern. I understand that you feel that you were misled, so I apologize for that. I will be reviewing your account and I will send you a private message once I have come up with a resolution, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Gkids6
New Poster

we recieved a call from an AT&T rep offering us a bundle package for 89.00 for tv,phone and internet. i live with my exspouse they took her ssn,credit card info.my ex told the sales rep AT&T is not out our way so they said they would put a hughesnet dish on the roof for phone and internet. we agreed to this bundle package . so a few days went by till installation day came. hughesnet put there dish on exs roof.but ditect tv never called or showed. we learned later direct tv said ex could not get bundle because of low credit rating. i was a previous customer so i could not get bundle also. now without bundle DTV wanted 112.00 a mo. and hughesnet wants 93.00 mo.We are elderly , felt like a scam. someone should have told us we could not get the bundle package so we could have stoped hughesnet from installing there disd ,but no. now they say we are under contract or oue 680.00 cancel fee they have our long time phone number. i had open heart surgery and ex had a heart attach our doctors cant reach us. i disconnected the dish the day after it was installed. i dont feel we are under contract. but they disagree and threten me with a privacy section of the contract. if i try to fight this. they have hung up on us. i have been on the phone on hold transfered from one person to another for days and days. what to do ?

im requesting a sales call review because AT&T sales rep offered us a bundle package with phone internet and tv for 98.00. they took down credit card info. ssn . the bundle was offered to my exspouse that i rent from. my ex told sales rep. that AT&T is not out this way. so he said they could bring phone and internet in on a hughesnet dish. well we set a installition date. hughesnet came and placed there dish. they daid DTV would probably be along later that day but DTV never showed. they informed us that my ex could not get bundle because of a low credit rating. i could not get the bundle because i had a previous accountwith DTV . now DTV wants 112.oo a mo. for tv and hughesnet wants 93.oo a mo for 10 gbs. AT&T should have told us we could not bundle before hughesnet installed there dish. now they say we are under contract , they want 680.00 to cancel. IM 70 yrs.old ex is 68. i had 5 bypasses ex had a heart attach. they have our phone number. our line is dead because as soon as DTV said we could not get bundle i disconnected it.IT felt like we were scamed. now they threatened with a privacy section of the contract. i guess im not supposed to complain.i just posted this and they took it off so i did it again, to see what happens. what to do? KUDDOS

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Gkids6

I can't say what HughesNet will do regarding their service, but it may be worth reposting this in the MyAccount and Billing section, being that this is more of an account issue, not a tech support issue.  

You should repost your issue here...  https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/AccountandBilling

Again, though, this is ONLY concerning the HughesNet service.  HughesNet has no control over AT&T, nor the service they offer.  HughesNet also can't perform a sales call review of an AT&T sales call.